08 Wyo Hunt Pics

WyoXtec

I am blessed to live and work (and Hunt/Fish/Ski/Trap) in the great state of Wyoming, it may get cussed by nonresidents for this or that but there is no better place to live.

Here are some great hunting photos to share from the 08 season, I hope it never ends but I know one day it will.

My oldest boy, Kody, finally turned 12 this year and was able to hunt. I never thought anyone could love hunting more than me, but he does and for all the right reasons.

Kody's 1st Elk

IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/WyoXtec/2008ElkKody8.jpg[/IMG]

Kody's first antelope, we had nicknamed a bunch of antelope in this area. This one was called Record Breaker and was too much for the Kode Man to pass up. (He had a chance at one we called The Bull but that goat was seasoned and didn't give us much of a chance, hope he lives another winter cause he's a stud).

2008AntelopeKody3.jpg

My sister and Kody teamed up to drop this nice buck.

2008DeerKodyKristen4.jpg

This is my nephew Dillon's first elk, awesome. My brother Kasey, my dad and my son Kade are also pictured. Heck of a day.

2008ElkDillon1.jpg

This is a bull that I had chased all archery season, got very close to him on many occasions but could never close the deal (he kicked my butt). On the third day of the rifle hunt my dad and I got on him, he had a herd of around 30 cows and was bugling like crazy (middle of October) but would not come out of the thick timber. We ended up spooking the herd and he was shot by a deserving hunter (his 1st elk) whose grandfather had hunted this area all his life. This is a picture of my dad and my son Kade with the bull, he scored around 350 I'm told.

2008ElkAlBazzanella.jpg

I got a nice antelope this year, probably my best to date. I was taking a good friend from Wisconsin archery elk hunting (swapped hunts with him over the years) and decided to stop and check "just this one spot" on the way to the cabin. I had seen this goat during archery season but he lived on a giant flat where I couldn't get close to him. A rifle makes a big difference.

IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/WyoXtec/2008Antelope4.jpg[/IMG]

Ended up shooting a good bull after a really fun stalk during the rifle hunt. (One day I am going to write a book titled "THE FINE ART OF MISSING" and tell the stories of all the archery hunts)

2008ElkTT4.jpg

I never did find a muley worth putting my tag on (didn't even see a giant this year) but had an excellent whitetail hunt in November with a great friend from Sheridan.

2008Whitetail9.jpg

Well that's 08 in pictures. Should have seen the ones that got away. There's always next year (or is there)

Hope you enjoy the pics and good luck in all your hunts, you only live once.

Looks like an awesome season for you and your family! Hunted WY for the first time last year and I would have to agree that it would be a great place to hang my hat! Thanks for sharing your season. Where abouts in WY are ya?
Mark

TOO COOL! Love the pics, thats what I needed this morning. Took me right out of this borning office. You're one lucky dude. Thanks

Great pics and it sure looks like you and your family and friends are doing things right. Love the country where Kody got his bull, looks like my kind of place. Congrats on a year to remember.

Congrats man, you are trully the envy of many of us. Thank you for sharing you hunt pictures. Pretty cool that you have passed the love of hunting to the rest of your family. You must have a huge freezer for all that meat!

One of the few residents that has proper grammar, knows how to use the word too.

Im kidding WY boys, I will soon be up there myself.

What gun is that in the first pic? Is it the remmington model 700 sps? If so,what caliber,how does it hold up,and do you like it? I'm looking to buy a 700 remmington in a 300 ultra. I really like the sps(all black).

You had a killer year too!

Wow - if only other places had that much great hunitng. Thanks for posting all those - they are all great animals. Have to ask, how tall is that antelope of yours - he looks huge - I'd be thrilled with his little brother this year when I come for my 2nd try at Wyoming antelope.
Thanks again for posting.

Tory-Going to the MDF banquet?As of tonight's meeting,only 18 tickets left!Better call Josh if you are wanting to go!

Nice animals, congrats!

I held little Al's bull and its a beauty! He ended up getting it mounted bugling. Sure was lucky how he got it hahahahahaha.

Hell of an antelope. Congrats!

Ernesto

Awesome PIcs great animals Congrats

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Top notch!! The best I have seen from 2008! you guys really get it done. take me, take me!!!!

looks like your son Kody is in very good hands. I love to see parents that involve their kids in their passion with them. Congrats

Looks like you had a great year hunting. Thanks for sharing the pictures!!! Keep up the great work with teaching the young hunters. They are our future of hunting and hunting sure does keep them busy and doing the right thing. BEST OF LUCK THIS YEAR AND HOPEFULLY YEARS TO COME!!!

i was wondering on how that game cart works for hauling elk out when you do it right. i have some frends who had one and they called me to come help them pack out the two elk they shot and when i got there the had all four hind quarters on the cart and was hauling them out and then about half way out the tire decided to bend in half and then it was a chore to get them the rest of the way back out. but such is elk hunting, i guess not everyone is as lucky as i have been when they kill there elk, out of four elk i have killed only two wernt with a few hundred feet of a two trak some where. it seems strange that after i shoot an elk they run towerds a road but it has happend more than once.

moseley middleton

Tory,
Great year man! You guys put a hurtin to to the elk, deer and lopes! I bet your boy was on clound 9 with his bull. I posted some of my 08 pics in the Idaho forum. Good luck in the draws.
Jake

That's plumpin' wonderful stuff, Xtec, thanks for sharing the pics with us--my boys are a little young yet, but old enough to go Wow!

Rump

Tory
you guys did great, We will have to hook-up on that backcountry hunt, we will have to bring enough Horses for the boys to go in with us that should really make it fun.
This year we are doing just points, so I'm hoping we draw in 2010.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Got a spot for U when you draw Gator, we will need horses but there are some wall hangers in there. Call me before yu put in next year.

Answers to questions;

The game carts work great if you don't have much downfall to go over. Pack frames work better if you have to go through timber or lots of vertical stuff. I hurt my ankle a couple years ago and my son wanted to go into a backpack area in H for the last few days of the deer season, I loaded all our camping gear on the game cart and it worked slick, even going uphill. Luckily we didn't find anything worth shooting or we would have had to make a couple trips out.

Yea, those are guts hangin out on the deer, but he's dead and they did a good job.

Kody's gun is a Remington 700 SPS Youth in 7mm-08. Sweet little gun. My buddy loaded some hot loads with Barnes Tipped Triple Shocks, can't wait for him to test them out next year.

We will be looking into the draw for next year for sure, we got some good horses and mules so we should have a great trip into the wilderness area,Tell the boys I will be bring Widow maker and Kid killer for them to ride. Me, you and Quinn will get a couple of old slow ones. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-09 AT 03:50AM (MST)[p]You have always been a stand-up guy WYO and always first to offer a guy help.

These harvests and hunt success could not happen to a more deserving person and family.

I love chasing Wyoming elk!

congrats

Robb

Wow they are nice pictures. Congrats on all on all them. what part of wy are u in? I am going to newcastle in Nov. What can i exspect? Any advice?

Great pics, nice animals looks like a great time! P.S. I think your kid needs a hair cut!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom