081 deer tag

hkm

Looks like I will headed to unit 081 in December. Looking for any information that might help. I have hunted for Elk in 061-071 and 121 if any one would like information on those units I would be happy to share.

There are some folks on here who will tell you how bad the deer are doing in 081 but most areas in the west are not what they used to be for mule deer. In my opinion that's still a good tag.
I'll PM you with some specific areas I'd check out if I were you.

LAST EDITED ON May-27-19 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]hkm
There are quite a few guys on this forum that know a lot about your hunt area.
Since you are so new to this site maybe it would help if you told us a little about yourself.
Such as where are you from, how much hunting experience do you have with mule deer, how many points did you have to draw, What class of buck are you hoping to harvest. Maybe give some of those sort of details and you'll get some of us feeling more responsive.
Thanks

Buckhorn I have been hunting the west for close to 25 years . Nevada 5 times for deer unit 111 and 072. Also have hunted Oregon around Jorden Valley and Trout Creek plus Colorado successful on all hunts biggest was a 160 class buck. Have concentrated on Elk mostly have hunted Nevada unit 061-071 and 121. When I have not drawn a Elk tag have hunted over the counter in Idaho have been pretty successful going 15 for 20. Would be happy if I shot a 175 class buck.

hmm
It sounds like you are a seasoned hunter and you should do just fine.
I was there last year on the rifle hunt helping some friends and we stayed in the motel in Montello. There were about 10 hunters coming in and out of there and the biggest buck killed I scored at 178 gross. One of my partners got a172 the other partner got a smaller buck that didn't score very well. I heard of a couple other bucks that were in the low170 range that I just saw pictures of.
General info there are some resident deer but the majority of them will be migrating out of Idaho into Nevada and down towards the south. If there isn't much snow you should hunt the north end of the unit and if there's a lot of snow focus on the south end. If you're thinking about staying in the motel in Montello you should reserve a room early. It is about a 2 Hour Drive from Montello to the hunting areas on the north end.
Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss more in detail.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom