09 Archery Desert Buck

S

standman

Here is my 01/01/09 buck. I first glassed him up over 500 yards away. He was really moving around a mountain looking and searching for does. I tried to circle around him to cut him off but wasn't able too. He was around 175 yards above me when I realized I wouldn't be able to cut him off, so I decided it would a good time to try and call him in. I gave him a couple grunts and a couple primos esterous bleats and he started coming right toward me. About 1/3 of the way in he stopped and started raking a cactus, so I gave him a couple more bleats and then a couple tending grunts. He laid his ears back, cocked his head sideways and here he come. He came across a draw, that is when I drew my bow. He came out 40 yards in front of me and stopped. I settled my pin on him, released and drilled him. He went a little over 100 yards and I watched him fall. What an amazing experience. One of the best hunts I have ever had.

Brian

100_0456.jpg

100_0454.jpg

Good desert buck! Big bodied sucker wasn't he?

You don;t hear of too many guys using grunts to work desert bucks, but sounds like you had it down pat!

Good job!

Don Martin
AWO

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-09 AT 09:29AM (MST)[p]Fine job. I swear I chased that buck's twin a couple weeks ago, N of Tuscon.

using tinks 69 wafer's in a funnel works great as well, I have clotheslined more than a few muley bucks when they hit scent stream.
Great looking buck!

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom