1 Under Max Whitetail Hunt

kickerbuck

I thought I would ask the Wyoming guys if there is a NR late public land Whitetail rut hunt worth burning 1 under max points for? I know Region C, D, ect have almost OTC tags that run late, but it seems like it is all private and I don't want to hunt private or knock on a bunch of doors. Thanks in advance for any info, I've never really researched Whitetails at all.

Short answer, No. The only large scale public land area is region A which is mostly a general unit, heavy pressure area. There are pockets of public land where a few good rutting bucks are killed but much better Whitetail hunting in the Midwest or Montana to be had without a long wait. If you’re still wanting to look then take a look at 165, 157, 122, 116, 128 just as a starting point but expect all private lands leased to outfitters and you definitely need OnX for those small public areas with riparian habitat.

How big of a buck are you looking for? 130+ is a big public land deer anywhere in wyoming. bigger ones are killed every year, im sure several but in general id say thats the top end on public

I’d be getting in touch with founder and split points with him on a region G hunt before ever applying for whitetail. Most of those tags are zero points and even second choice for nonresidents.

Okay thanks guys that's kinda what I figured. I know occasionally a good one shows up on public land in 128 but I can't draw that. Just thought I would ask as I've never hunted or harvested a whitetail. I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

Whitetail "can" be killed on public land. Your chance of killing one on public is next to 0. I'd recommend you save your points or start saving some money. the WYO land owners know guys will pay big $$$ for those whitetail bucks and charge accordingly.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom