10-22 VS 597

E

elkslayer54

My buddy's dad wants a 17hmr and I was wondering which is the better choice the Ruger 10-22hmr or the Remington 597??? Thanks in advance for any info.

FEAR NOT FOR I AM WITH YOU! Walk soft and carry a 300 RUM,

i have a 597 in 22 and the gun sucks! alltough it is very acurate and light weight, the clips on this thing suck. ever since they were brand new they always jam up no matter if im shooting fast or slow they evetually jam up. i have cleaned them several times and the still jam!
casey

I have 2 10-22's and my son has a 597. We have never had a problem with mine, and he has at least one jam or misfire every time we go out. That was enough to turn me off on them.

I'll have to second Blank. I've had a .22 lr 10/22 for 30 years. I've shot thousands of rounds through it and didn't always give it the best of care. It has always performed well. Buddies had Marlin and Browning autoloaders. They jammed consistently.

Go with the Ruger.

BeanMan

my grandpa has one of those cheap Marlins, has had it for about 20-30 years, and there is something like 19 of us grandkids??so that gun has had somewhere around 50,000-100,000 shells through it, now it is starting to wear out and jam but it use not to and it doesn not get treating like it should(i thik i was the last one to clean it a few yars back)
casey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom