10 year old archery pig.

desertbucks

We found a small herd of 3 pigs, with the wind perfect we moved in to close the distance. We got 20 yards from all three pigs feeding when I whispered to my son as soon as the pig walks out from behind the tree hammer it. He was at full draw waiting for the pig to clear the tree, as soon as the pig took a few steps in the open he shot and I watched the arrow as if it were in slow motion make a perfect lung shot. The pig ran about 60 yards and the rest is history. My son Brycen has shot a deer and now a pig, he is one excited 10 year old boy.
8534brycen_2011_archery_pig.jpg

Desertbucks,
That is so awesome, tell him congratulations! And a deer to boot, at that age that's quite an accomplishment. My boy will be 10 in June, he's not quite up to 40# on his bow yet but working at it everyday. If you don't mind me asking, what weight is your boy shooting, and what arrow broadhead combo did he use, I hear those pigs have a tough hide to get through. Again, congratulations to you son!
Spear

He is pulling 40 pounds with a easton axis 500 arrow that weights 368 grains with a 125 grain 3 blade rocky mountain broadhead. I went with a heavy broadhead so he could have good penetration. With the heavy weight at the end of the arrow these things flew like darts.

Thanks for the info. That's a heavy combo compared to what most have recommended, it's good to hear from a successful hunter! Congrats again to your son, he should be proud of his accomplishments!
Spear

My sons name is Brycen too. Your son is the only other kid I've ever heard of with that name. Tell him huge congrats and great job!!!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

Awesome! Post it on every site you can & celebrate our way-of-life. Great Job!

I can remember many sleepless nights awaiting opening morning when I was a kid.

Way to go Brycen. You're off to a good start in your hunting career. Not many ten year olds have an animal shot with a bow much less many adults.

Gun control is a good aim and a steady rest

Congrat's Brycen...great shooting......

Hopefully in a couple of years my Grandson will be 10 yrs old and make a good shot just like you made..

Good Hunting,

TrophyHunter

))))......>

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom