101, 102 Deer 30,31,32 elk

muzzhunter

Wondering about the difference in quality animals on these units compared to each other. Anyone been in any of the areas lately that'd like to share their experience? Been through the area, but not much so any info good or bad on any of the units would be great.
Thanks,
Dave

All are hard to draw and all are fun hunts. I have not been in deer 101 much but have sopent a lot of time in the other units. The elk units are all the same quality. The elk travel between the units. Way more elk in 31 than the other two. The elk in 32 go into Utah once the hunts starts. There are big deer all over 102. You need to spend a lot of time glassing and hunt hard and you can do well. I have seen two deer over 200 in 102. Not an easy hunt but there are a few monsters. The biggest elk I have seen would break 350 and the elk I took was 344.

i have hunted 3-corners in utah and 32 in wyo and have seen very few elk going back and forth over the border. it dont mean they dont i just have not seen it.

rugarm77 thats a great site.I think i will be spending some time on it in the future.Thanks

30 has a lot more checker board public private.

31 & 32 have miles and miles of great public land....102 deer.

There is some back and forth traffic around TeePee mnt and the Edith Arden spring area east Bender mnt.......not like a migration amount though.

I would prolly sway towards 31/32 over 30 myself.

Robb

There are some good camping spots. There is a lot of dust in most of the areas I have camped. The top of pine and little mountain have great camoing spots but they get filled up fast. I have run into problems with Rock Springs people pullking their campers into the best spots in June and leaving them in place until the hunts are over. I have called in a few complaints to BLM.

They are all about the same. Here is what I am going to tell you:

Roads everywhere.

Everyone that draws these tags are "trophy hunters" and puts a lot of pressure on your top end animals.

Unit 32 elk go to Colorado, not Utah. Usually everything flees Utah like a bat out of hell. And I cant blame them.

102 has more deer than 101.

101 and 102 still have a handful of big bucks, but not what they used to be. But then again there are a handful of big bucks taken on general season units or regions too.

There are some nice bulls, but I dont think I am going to keep putting in for these units. The odds just suck for non-residents.

Carters and other hunting services are going to tell you to put in for 102.

I cant help but think there are units with as good or better quality that are much easier to draw.

pile & 400;

Thanks guys, you've probably given the most accurate recap. A buddy & I are nos'n around for a place to burn max pts for both deer and elk. Hopefully draw one to hunt & learn the area, then go back on a later year with the other tag before it really cycles down. Thanks again guys.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom