101-108 landowner tags

K

kbuck

I have the chance to purchase a landowner tag for the Ruby mountains. Yhe tag is good for all seasons bow. mussleloader, early an late rifle season. I spoke with an outfitter in the area who will tell me where he see the big bucks just wondering if anyone knows what theses tags should go for. Its for mule deer. I can get one for 5000.00 thanks Kurt.

Like Elkohunter said, if you have 5k to put on a hunt, I wouldn't put it on that one.

Wow! Big Bucks for not so big Bucks! Unless your hunting an area that is private land locked public? Maybe?

Yes i do have a 70thousand arce ranch to hunt with an outfitter who will tell an show me where the big bucks are in the unit. Which is unit 102. I got the tags down to 4500. The outfitter has hunted the area for over 20 years. He says there 30 inch bucks on the private an alot of big ones in the public to we will see. Thanks for your thoughts.

If it is a rifle tag that can hunt any season including the late bow season it might not be that bad of a hunt. I know that there are some massive buck that migrate through the harrison pass area around late november during full Rut. But I would use the 5k to hunt caribou in Alaska but thats me.

I have lived near the Rubies since 1990, until 2004, and am still here in Elko and Spring Creek on a regular basis. I love hunting area 10, and have done so for deer exclusively since 2000, with the exception of 2002.

There are a lot of big bucks in 10. There are a lot of big bucks in 10 on public land. Within 3 years, you can have about any tag you want in 10, and not have to pay the $4500.

If I was going to put $4500 in a landownder deer hunt in NV, it would be 231, or 24. I think there are a lot better chances for a bigger buck down there. Not sure you can pick one up for that little down there though.

Later,

Marcial

I no it seems high but a locally outfitters going to show us where the big bucks are .Its part of getting the tag. Also i can hunt all seasons to. I think we will find some very good bucks. Thanks for your input.

Its your money to do with what you want. I was simply giving my opinion. Good luck on your hunt.

P.S. Big bucks are up high or way low.

Later,

Marcial

I think you've already have your mind made up. Maybe you should give it a little more thought, that guide could be telling you what you want to hear just to sell the tag. It's been my experience unless you've seen it for yourself, it's usually not all it's cracked up to be. I could tell you where some big buck's are, but that doesn't guarantee that you will even find one, let alone kill one. And one more thing to consider, if a guide know's where a 30" buck is at, his client will be the one pulling the trigger.

Good Luck!

To me, it's like buying a car sight unseen. You never know what youre going to get. I've heard too many stories about hunts gone bad because they were misled. Maybe you can take a trip out to the ranch and check it out before actually buying the tag? I would do that before paying for anything. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Steve

Thanks Steve that makes sence i no. I purchase tags from from a guy i have gotten to no very good. Hes a good honest guy an says the guide is the same way. We will see what happens. I love to hunt huge mule deer an sometimes i have to pay to do it. Thanks again for your opinion.

Yes you are right i have im going to go the guide is a reputable guy. You are right about the guide taking his client up after big bucks. His clients cant hunt with a bow,muzzleloader,early an late rifle. If he does have hunters ill say high when they walk bye. Never a guarantee on a 30" buck i wouldnt hunt a place which guarantees that kind of animal it would be high fenced. I only believe in fair chase. Thanks for your advice i agree with you on most of your comments.

Marcial thanks i will be chasing those bucks next year. I have 5 mule deer hunts this year coming up going to be buzy Kurt.

I think there are some monsters in this area.If its a landowner tag you'll be confined to the unit his land is in.Be prepared to walk into very rough country for the big ones.A friend of mine wins alot of big buck contests with bucks from 10. If you can drop that kind of coin for a deer hunt.... Go for it.

Hey thanks i love hunting the roughest country. I will be ready. The tag is for 102 which is where id want to hunt anyway. Does your friend hunt muzzleloader or early,late rifle.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-08 AT 03:35PM (MST)[p]>Archery mostly, but he killed a
>nice one in rifle last
>year and won again.

Thanks alot i am looking forward to the muzzleload hunt an late season.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom