1029 Deer tag

yatran

I drew deer controlled 1029. First time ever putting in for an Idaho tag! Don't hate me! :) anyone have any experience on this unit that wants to point me in the right direction?

I try not to hunt 39 for deer if I can help it. If you like people and love looking for a place without atvs everywhere then this is your unit. Shouldn't too bad that time of year but it seems the city locusts are everywhere nowdays.

Like most things in life, this tag and unit are not what they once were. That time of year, bucks are very scattered and don't show themselves much in the sunlight. Bust your ass in the heat running ridges and hope you see a buck, or sit on a basin and hope there is a needle in the haystack you're watching. Pick your poison.

I tend to have much better success locating bucks in October in that unit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom