11/elk11a muleys

J

jimbocarr

My wife drew the second hunt in 11 oct25-nov24, and I drew the late muzzle loader season in that unit,and my little brother drew the 11a mule deer tag im new to the area I was hopeing to get a few pointers on where to look that time of the year and what to expect im hoping for 340 class and 180 for my bro is that possible

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the 11 elk tag sadly is not even close to what it once was. It was weak last year and this year they have increased the tags by atleast double, including your muzzy tag which was nonexistent last year. It seems that the game dept doesn't care about trophy potential anymore. I have four friends that drew that tag last year and the biggest was a nice looking 315 bull. They scouted and hunted hard. As for the 11a, there are some decent bucks but it is 100% private. I hope you have a good conection. 180 is a lot to ask for the area, but they are around.

Good luck, you have a chance for each tag, but you might have to work for it.

fly4fish is correct about 100% private for 11A. If you don't know some land owners your going to have a hard time. And a lot of the land owners aren't too excited about letting people hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom