111-115 muzz

Ya don’t tell ndow but I just back from a cow hunt on Sunday also alternate tag. Didn’t think this would ever happen. My wife said are you ever going to work! I said when I can!

Congrats on the tag! Bet that made your day. I picked up a FCFS 114-115 early rifle buck tag, Monday night. I‘m excited to hunt some new country. I helped a buddy with an elk tag in 114 a couple of years ago. Didn’t see much for deer. I’m heading out on the 12th. I think I’ll start in 115. See what I can find.
Don

Really not sure I would hunt it if you already had a cow tag? That would suck to be get nailed to the wall over a mistake due to a computer error.

Really not sure I would hunt it if you already had a cow tag? That would suck to be get nailed to the wall over a mistake due to a computer error.

Yeah, I thought Nevada was one elk tag per year max (regardless of type).

NDOW alternate and return processes are evidently failing to enforce that rule.

I would probably just hunt it and plead ignorance. Unless It was too late and I had already posted publicly that I knew the bull tag and cow tag shouldn’t have happened in the same year.

Yeah, I thought Nevada was one elk tag per year max (regardless of type).

NDOW alternate and return processes are evidently failing to enforce that rule.

I would probably just hunt it and plead ignorance. Unless It was too late and I had already posted publicly that I knew the bull tag and cow tag shouldn’t have happened in the same year.
Ndow watches these threads...

I'd make a call...

Sucks, but ignorance is no excuse in the law.

The first year and NDOW put spike elk tags out. I drew spike and cow elk in the same unit at the same time. I filled both tags in the same herd. They let me have two elk tags in the same year.

The first year and NDOW put spike elk tags out. I drew spike and cow elk in the same unit at the same time. I filled both tags in the same herd. They let me have two elk tags in the same year.
There was a point where you could have 2 elk tags in the same year. Not the case any more.

I can provide my e-mail so Nevada can simply mail your tag to me.
Well you got a chance they called me about 10am and took the tag back. I asked if I could be on top of pile next year. Very nice lady I think she was worried about me being irate but honestly I’m already going with my father in law for the early rifle. Bummed out it’s a great year for horn growth. Hope one of you gents get it if you do I know pretty well where to look.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom