111 , Elk hunt question

foundation

Very Active Member
I drew a 111 elk tag in Wyoming . Looking forward to archery hunting the unit . Wondering if any body has any advise for me about the unit . Also wondering if I should now try for a deer tag in the unit . With my bonus points it looks like I could pull a deer tag in unit 87 . Would love to chat with any one that has hunted the unit for deer or elk .
Thanks in advance

Foundation i can't help ya with 111 but i will say congrats on your tag! My advice is to try for the deer tag as well as long as you have ample time to hunt both. It's been my experience when trying to hunt both species with limited time, it can be frustrating. It seems i spend to much time on one & not enough on the other.
Goodluck to you this season!
7 Mag

I would also agree that you may want to wait and use your deer pts in a different year? If you aren't being picky w/elk it may not matter but if you really concentrate on 1 critter at a time you'll likely get better bucks and bulls on each hunt. You also will be able to scout deer out this year while you are elk hunting and see whether it is worth burning your pts?

I drew both Wyo deer plus antelope in the same area this year and felt rather pannicked to shoot my antelope so I could concentrate on deer!

I'm a non-resident . I'm about five hours from the unit , so I will be able to get a couple of scouting trips in . I'm thinking now that I should forget about deer , and just make the most of the elk tag .

I'm also an out of state hunter. Here's the deal: If you're a regular guy like most of us you can't take off more than a week or maybe 10 days at the most. You've got to focus on quality over quantity. Almost any hunt can be fun if you put the time in. If not, you can quickly end up with 2 mediocre hunts that aren't that much fun... If you're a trophy hunter that doesn't cut the mustard... just my opinion.

Time seems to be standing still waiting for September to roll around . I have done some scouting up by Seminoe , and really like the looks of the country .
Whats my choices for camping ? It looks like I'm paying 17 bucks a night to stay at the state park , or camp further away in the miracle mile . Any other ideas ?
Also I will take any advice from people that are familar with the area . As it stands right now I'm going to bow hunt 10 days at the start of September , and another 8 or 9 days towards the end of September .
Thanks

to send a private message there is a little envolope looking design next to your screen name . If you click on that , you can send a message .
I will send you a p.m. , and it should say you have a new message .

ya I figured it out after I posted, I got your email off of it and sent you one but I can't PM off of this company computer, let me know if you get it!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom