12 N/R Deer points

Muleyxtreme

As we're getting closer to the 2023 season, I'm having a really tough time deciding on what to do with my points. They have just kind of accumulated due to the covid plandemic and other various reasons. I'm from Washington state (Yuk) I know, but have info relating to here and Wyoming where my brother lives in exchange for a little help. I have been researching like crazy the past few weeks and have it narrowed down to a couple units, but one just doesn't feel right. So anyway, any help would be appreciated and just so you know, I know how to keep things quiet due to how I was raised. Thank you and God bless.

You're probably going to have to post the 2 units as no one here can read you mind to give you advice via a PM?

You're probably going to have to post the 2 units as no one here can read you mind to give you advice via a PM?
Thanks for the reply. Honestly I'm looking at unit 711 4th season and units 40 and 30 3rd season. I'm also open to hunting the best unit my points allow. Would love an opportunity at a big boy, but would be happy with a 160" Buck. This is a one year and done for me. As yall know times are getting tougher and tougher. For those that do decide to help, thank you. I was raised at a young age to keep my mouth shut about where my uncle was taking me either fishing or hunting or I wasnt invited again. Some think thats extreme, but Damn I miss those days!!

Thanks for the reply. Honestly I'm looking at unit 711 4th season and units 40 and 30 3rd season. I'm also open to hunting the best unit my points allow. Would love an opportunity at a big boy, but would be happy with a 160" Buck. This is a one year and done for me. As yall know times are getting tougher and tougher. For those that do decide to help, thank you. I was raised at a young age to keep my mouth shut about where my uncle was taking me either fishing or hunting or I wasnt invited again. Some think thats extreme, but Damn I miss those days!!
I'd be hesitant on putting 12 points on unit 30. I'm in the same boat as you with 12 points but I plan on holding out a few more years. Good luck

Honestly, I'm hesitant putting in 12pts anywhere. I just want a one and done fun hunt and to spend some good time with my brother from Wyoming. Plan to spend several days scouting prior to the hunt season.
I have no idea where to put in now also haha. I feel like 12 points is to many to throw away but not enough to draw a home run unit (if there is one in colorado anymore off of private ground). I have to many hunts planned this year or I would probably just burn my 12 then start flipping a coin on 2 and 3 point units.

I have no idea where to put in now also haha. I feel like 12 points is to many to throw away but not enough to draw a home run unit (if there is one in colorado anymore off of private ground). I have to many hunts planned this year or I would probably just burn my 12 then start flipping a coin on 2 and 3 point units.
It's frustrating for sure. I'm one and done in Colorado, so just hoping for a great experience.

For what it’s worth I’be never built points for deer. And I never plan to. It’s a **** show now as I’m sure you’re aware, but I’d pick a unit that looks good and go for it.

I made the mistake of grabbing points while elk hunting. Now I have 21. Wanting a 66 3rd but still feel I am short. Tried to cash them in 2 years ago of a Unit 2 Muzzy tag that normally takes 15. Someone came out of nowhere and drew with 23. ?

I made the mistake of grabbing points while elk hunting. Now I have 21. Wanting a 66 3rd but still feel I am short. Tried to cash them in 2 years ago of a Unit 2 Muzzy tag that normally takes 15. Someone came out of nowhere and drew with 23. ?
Wow that's crazy!! I didn't plan to stack points personally, but life got in the way with kids and other hunts, so now here I sit. I truly feel sorry for the locals who have witnessed their state decline in genetics and population of game animals. Out of respect to each and everyone of you, I promise not to encourage out of state residents to intrude. I pray we can one day improve on what we've learned for a future of hunting for our kids.

I just wanted to drop in and say, thank you to the ones who messaged me and tried with helping me make my best decision. I still have yet to make a decision, but then again thats the fun part of planning a hunt. I never wanted anyone to give me secrets or anything like that, I just wanted to make sure I was using my points wisely. To the Colorado residents, I do respect the game resources within you're state. I wish you the best with trying to rid these politicians who aren't making the right decisions to manage game in you're state. Thank you again

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom