125 ANY DEER TAG

S

SPRINGFEVER

Anyone have any thoughts or advice on this area. I live pretty close and can do some scouting early, and I have hunted 165 around the river edges and transitional areas. Just not sure where to start in 125. Any help would be great.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-08 AT 01:52AM (MST)[p]Never hunted that area but there is a lot of public land

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Start on the Gooseberry and work your way north to the Greybull. Those deer move around quite a bit searching for water and the best browse. Think about using horses to cover more country.

I was thinking of hammering that country inbetween goosberry and meteetsee from the hwy as far in as i need to go. I figured i would need to find some water, and there is some big canyons closer to meteetsee that would be good for glassing. That area is the size of rhode island. Tough to find a starting point. I hear a lot of people hunt the goosberry hwy, but im not about to get caught down in that cluster.

hi
i hunted 125 in 2003, i hunted 5 days, daylight till dark. glassing mostly i did cover allot of ground in the roadless areas. i saw 17 deer total. 8 of them in the group i shot my buck out of. the one i got was a 22 inch 4 point with 2 cheaters out the same side. i fell to pieces, the cheaters got to me. i shouldnt have shot the buck. it is a really tough hunt.i talked to the bioligist in worland, nice guy very helpful. i also talked to him this spring about the unit. like i said very few deer and allot of country. Larry

Sounds like you might have made a good choice. Not seeing that much deer makes it tough. Did you hunt out of Worland?

What is everyones thoughts on the south side of Gooseberry hwy, along the edges of all the private. Took a look at that on the map and google earth, looks like a decent area for feed and water.

I scouted somewhat last sat. took the squaw teets road, did some glassing. It was my first time in that area, wow. It is a little overwhelming lots of country. If any of you guys have anymore advice that would be great.

Thank you guys for the tips

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom