129g Accubonds

Mooretitan

Doesn’t look like I am going to get the 127LRX to group the way I want for my sons elk hunt coming up so I ordered some 129 Accubonds Long range to hopefully work up a load before his hunt. Going to stay within 300 yards. Anyone shooting this out of a creed and if so what loads are you working with.
We have a 140 VLD load worked up that is shooting 1/2 Moa out to 300 but hoping to get another load worked out. If not we will just stay with the Berger’s, I have read lots of great reports about them so I am not worried about him putting one in the boiler room.
Thanks

I would stick with berger vld if they are accurate. I shot 168s out my 7mm wsm. I have shot 4 elk, 4 pronghorns with vld from 30 yards to 605 yards. All 1 shot kills except for a cow elk that shot last year because I took a follow up shot both shots 230 yards and both would have killed it in 10 yards. Only thing I have to watch is staying off the shoulder within 200 yards due to the speed of my magnum.

The Accubonds Longe range have very mixed reviews on performance. I would stick with regular accubonds if you want to go with nosler and only shooting 300 yards.

If you want another long range option, Hornady eld-x Would be my choice over noslers.

I would send the vlds(the hunting version not the newer target ones). Limited to 300 yards out of a creedmore and proper placement which is important for for any 140 gr bullet on an elk, it should preform perfect.

I couldn't get the 150 LRAB to shoot well in my 280AI but the 129 LRAB shoots really well in my Creedmoor along with the 210 LRAB in my 300 RUM.

I too have heard the "mixed" reviews but take them with a grain of salt. I've seen how guys shoot and few impress.

Not every bullet will shoot well in every rifle so even if they work for me they might not work well for you....but at 300 yards about anything will shoot well enough!!!!

Zeke

150 LRAB fly well with published book reload data out of all my .270's using "most accurate powder" tested.

So, you never know.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom