12AB Archery

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Did anyone draw a 12AB Archery tag and how many NR points did you have. Or anyone not draw and how many points?
If point creep was as bad as some say I might have to find another archery hunt for next year.
Thanks

10 points and a hit, 12a first choice and 3a second choice. I probably got 3a . How soon do they post?
Congrats no matter which tag you got their both awesome tags. 3A has been taking more points than 12A but you could've drawn a random tag. I have 12 points and am still in denial that my card hasn't been hit for a 12AB archery tag. When did your card get hit?

Congrats no matter which tag you got their both awesome tags. 3A has been taking more points than 12A but you could've drawn a random tag. I have 12 points and am still in denial that my card hasn't been hit for a 12AB archery tag. When did your card get hit?
The rifle hunt crept by 6 points. by the look of it , it took 11 to guarantee 12ab last year so im not shocked at all.

The rifle hunt crept by 6 points. by the look of it , it took 11 to guarantee 12ab last year so im not shocked at all.
Yeah me either. Year before that it took 9 so it point creeped 2 points last year and it probably jumped 2 to 3 points again this year. Reduced tag numbers and great moisture year means more point creep. I’d rather keep the tag numbers down even if I don’t draw so out herds can come back.

Tuesday moring

That used to be 2-3 point tag when it first went from otc to draw.
yup and then population grew , habitat deteriorated , and technology happened.

Whether its buying a house, trying to save money, or draw a big game . Everything has gotten harder and not simpler with technology and time.

Unfortunately it’s not going to get any easier for a NR in the hunting world. That’s why leases in Oklahoma / NM have shot through the roof in the last 3 years.

Guess I can cross that archery hunt off my list for next year. Have 11 NR points.
It could swing back the other way. The moisture hype for the kaibab is overrated. Too much moisture up there can make the feed watered down. It’s different than the rest of the state. I’d hunt that on a drought year, especially following the recent tag cuts.

It could swing back the other way. The moisture hype for the kaibab is overrated. Too much moisture up there can make the feed watered down. It’s different than the rest of the state. I’d hunt that on a drought year, especially following the recent tag cuts.
Have you been seeing the pics that are being posted? I think your watered down feed hypothesis is about to be de-bunked. The drought has definitely hurt how things ended up, no monsoonal moisture to help through the growing season.

If this drought continues, could be tough range conditions for the winter. That could impact draw odds next year for sure.

Have you been seeing the pics that are being posted? I think your watered down feed hypothesis is about to be de-bunked. The drought has definitely hurt how things ended up, no monsoonal moisture to help through the growing season.

If this drought continues, could be tough range conditions for the winter. That could impact draw odds next year for sure.
Haven’t seen much this year but probably not in the right circles. I’m not saying droughts are better, just saying that the kaibab is more resilient to it than the rest of the state. Hopefully they kill some big bucks. I have a good buddy with the bow tag this year.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom