12B West Early Rifle Oct 26th to Nov 4th

U

utaz

My brother drew the late hunt about two years ago. How different are the early and late hunts in this area? My wife drew for the firt time ever and I wanted to make sure she gets into some deer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Its like fishing with kids if they catch and see a lot they want to keep coming back. I want the same thing to happen with my wife, so any help would be great.

Thanks,

Utaz

If you want to see a lot of deer hunt the buckskin plateau. I wouldn't consider 12B a big buck hunt unless you are on the late hunt. There are some very respectable bucks on the westside early hunt but very hard to come by. I've never been on the 12B late hunt, but if it snows I know they will migrate from Utah. Good Luck on your hunt!

Like Mike said, you will see lots of deer if you hunt around the Buckskin and the drag-downs(flats), along with that come many hunter. If looking for bigger deer, get off the sides into the fingers that come off the mountain and GLASS GLASS GLASS. We have 2 LATE TAGS in there this year, so save the two bigest ones for us. Good luck & hope she has fun.

My son and I had this hunt last year. We saw plenty of deer and many young bucks but we did not find what we were after. We had some snow and rain hit just before the opening and it caused herds to be scattered. If it is dry hunt the tanks.

duwanes camp killed a very nice 200' deer 12b couple years back i believe it was the late hunt though

duwanes camp killed a couple 200" bucks during the early hunt last year. There are big bucks in there they are just very hard to find. I had this same tag last year and took a pretty nice 4X4 towards the end of the hunt. Look your maps over and try to get at least a ridge or 2 away from a road and you will increase your odds tremendously. Do a search for a post from Buranut last year. He posted the pictures from Duwanes camp. Good luck

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom