13 NR points

Gregc

I have 13 NR points. Not a DIY guy. Don’t have the time to put into scouting. I also really don’t want a horse back, pack in type hunt. Would love a private land hunt. Is unit 7 the best option ? Any other units or outfitter recommendations? Bow or rifle doesn’t matter

TIA

Lots of possibilities with your PPs, some good ranch hunts in not so well known areas that would produce for you.
7 and Wagonhound will be more than a few thousand to hunt.

Give Tyler Sims a call, maybe Iron Mountain Outfitters.

I' have 13 points and I'm pretty much looking at what you are. the problem with 7 is the better outfitters I've talked to are booked up a couple years ahead. I haven't done much research in the other heavy private land units but I suspect if they're not booked there's a reason. you might want to get on the waiting list.

I'm not in a big hurry so I'll probably hold out for a 62 or 63 tag.

Of course the way the free hunt works is the outfitter has a couple of clients that want to go elk hunting but they only have two pp each.

For a general tag they can do a party draw with the guy with 13 points and two guys with two points each and the average will let them all draw.

So the outfitter gets two paying customers that he wouldn’t have had by giving away one free hunt.

If I had 13 points I would be looking at Outwest Safari, Area 108.

I have 12 points and would be interested in collaborating on a hunt. Just throwing it out there. I like 38 and 54 but I keep an open mind, I am sure a general hunt with the right strategy would be just as good as either of the aforementioned.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom