13B archery

glass_eye

Anyone know what the harvest results were for 13B archery ?
I'm a NR with max points and considering the archery hunt for my 2nd choice. I've never wrote down a 2nd choice since they started bonus points for deer.

Best archery deer hunt in AZ bar none!

Good news is that only NR with MAX bonus points can draw it, and if you're in that select group, and you don't apply you're nuts!

The three NR who drew those tags in '08 got bucks from 190 to a 230.

AZ guys did well too, especially those that could shoot well.

My hunter missed a huge typical 4 X 4 (195) at 30, 30 and 40 yards!

He ended up taking a 183 6 X 5...

Great hunt for a NR who has max bonus points. If you don't have max points (either for archery or rifle) don't waste the ink as you'll never draw it!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Don,
How many points do you need to try for archery or rifle on this hunt? Are the odds better for Kaibab? Are they having an archery hunt this year also?

thanks
nonresident

Don,

Shhhh! You are going to ruin my chance of drawing that tag again (now starting over with 2 points). :) I hope you are doing well and good luck in the draws this year!

Steve
(Muleydoc)

Don;
Were you aware a mule deer buck was poached during
the 13B archery season? I have pictures of the buck, the only thing taken was the skull and antlers. The face was capped from the nose to the back of the ears, nose first. I've never
seen a buck capped in that manner. I'm not sure how to send pictures.
Steve C.

Please email some pics when you find out, can you tell me where it was killed? There were only a couple of guys hunting around us and I know who the are, maybe I can help.

BigBucks23,
The deer was found near Oak Grove, southern part of the unit.
About 1 mile or so west of the blm house, going toward the Bus Stop.
Steve C.

BigBucks23;
I think these are the pictures.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/498862367047b85c.jpj

4988624e70cf61c8.jpg

SteveC.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-09 AT 10:52PM (MST)[p]BigBucks23
The other picture.
498862367047b85c.jpg

Steve C.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom