13B Success!!!!!

model700

Ok, the season closed yesterday & Someone had to have some luck this year. All you have to do now is post up your picture and story.

I've received some pics on the cell phone of a couple bucks from over there this year. From the pics I can tell you that there have been a few MONSTERS killed this year.

this 5X7 "Dandy" came from the South a few days ago,tough year in the South as earlier rains in Oct. put new browse every where and water where on normal years had none.For sure the deer were where You found them,like possibly ANYWHERE !!! Bruce & SilverGrand

[
5404az._strip_2010_002.jpg]

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters filled three tags. The Hunt of a Lifeime hunter killed a 27 3/8" 4x5. A father and and son from Kingman filled thier tags. The dad killed a 34" 9x5 double drop tine cactus buck the son had a chance at a 5x5 in the 34" range but did not connect, he ended up killing a deep forked 4x4. Ill let Don put up pictures when he gets back.

Bruce:

Great buck but who is the guy in the photo? Is that your buck?

Congrats, we got lucky and never saw another hunter this year--even the Nevada guys from Mesquite weren't out there!

Don Martin
AWO

Guys;

I got to 13B a little late , but it seems that south east

, in the unit was getting hit hard.

The whole area , for the most part , had received a fair amount of rain,

which scattered the deer everywhere.

This made the hunt very difficult , to say the least.

There were some real monsters harvested , but the rifle hunt

was way more difficult than the archery hunt.

Now, before the archery guys take acception , the archery hunt

was when it was very dry and the deer were tied to water.

This made for an EASY hunt in my opinion , way too easy.

I realize that is the chance of mother nature , playing into the mix , but if you put the archery hunt forward a week or two , the buck groups would be broken up and the hunt would be much more than just sitting water , for the most part.

The rifle hunters who were successful this year , earned their

TROPHY , no matter what it scored.

All the folks I met during the hunt , were having a great time,

hated the long days and short nights, loved the new friends

they made , and some commented on how BIG the strip was.

I would love to hear some good experiences of those that were

there and enjoyed this beautiful area!

Steve

so how did chad's hunters end up doing? we ran into matt with his two hunters on wednesday.they had a busted shock on that white toyota and had to call the big guy in the green jeep to come help them,can't remember the big guys name.did those guys end up killing deer? they were driving a LONG way every day if you guys were camped by poverty.

lefty1;

I was a few days late.

I moved my camp to poverty , but my best friend decided to go north, so I moved camps 3 times in 2 days.

I saw a great buck from 1 of Chads hunters , but do not know what else his hunters harvested.

I can't really tell you where they were hunting , because I don't know myself.

I heard , but did not see , that Matt and Brian got their clients good bucks.

It seemed to be a good old tough strip hunt.

Hope you had time to enjoy that beautiful country.

Steve

Thank you oilcan. I waited 9 years for this tag. I would especially like to thank my buddy Jim Renkema for all the priceless help!!!

Nice Buck!! How wide and What did he end up scoring? what day of the hunt did you guys get him? Man what a great wide buck..Congrats

BIGROCK,

Got him on the 5 th day of hard hunting, unofficially he is a 4x5 a tad over 30 wide and around a total of 191. My taxidermist is going to officially score him. Thanks

That a great looking buck Butch.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>
>Guys;
>
>I got to 13B a little
>late , but it seems
>that south east
>
>, in the unit was getting
>hit hard.
>
>The whole area , for the
>most part , had received
>a fair amount of rain,
>
>
>which scattered the deer everywhere.
>
>This made the hunt very difficult
>, to say the least.
>
>
>There were some real monsters harvested
>, but the rifle hunt
>
>
>was way more difficult than the
>archery hunt.
>
>Now, before the archery guys take
>acception , the archery hunt
>
>
>was when it was very dry
>and the deer were tied
>to water.
>
>This made for an EASY hunt
>in my opinion , way
>too easy.
>
>I realize that is the chance
>of mother nature , playing
>into the mix , but
>if you put the archery
>hunt forward a week or
>two , the buck groups
>would be broken up and
>the hunt would be much
>more than just sitting water
>, for the most part.
>
>
>The rifle hunters who were successful
>this year , earned their
>
>
>TROPHY , no matter what it
>scored.
>
>All the folks I met during
>the hunt , were having
>a great time,
>
>hated the long days and short
>nights, loved the new friends
>
>
>they made , and some commented
>on how BIG the strip
>was.
>
>I would love to hear some
>good experiences of those that
>were
>
>there and enjoyed this beautiful area!
>
>
>Steve

Steve,

I don't understand your post. Saying that the archery hunt was "way too easy" and that the rifle hunters "earned their trophy." These words almost imply that the archery hunters didn't earn their trophies. I was there 8 days and sat in a gound-blind or in a tree for probalby close to 10 hours a day...anyone that knows me knows that sitting that long just may be harder than hiking 10 miles a day, for me. Mentally it was very challenging, I have ADD, and to just sit was HARD! Too pass GREAT deer to kill a monster, was hard. I think ANYTIME you get archery close, you have done something. I decided against moving in on deer that we had beaded because I knew sooner or later, if I were patient, and sat... they would hit water. I saw a HUGE buck taken spot and stock. Are you an archery hunter?? Do you know how many things can, and in my case, often go wrong, and how hard it is to have the whole thing come together with a bow? To get a shot, you have to have 10 or 12 serious things go right, in a row.

There is no doubt that it was very fortunate, to have it dry for sitting water. But even if you pushed the hunt in any direction two weeks, and it was dry then, it would be better off for hunters who sat water. Snd if it was wet, I would of changed my tatics, So you saying that if the hunt were a different time it would of made a difference. I don't think it would of, unless it rained.

I think the biggest problem I have with what your post, is I like many other hunters waited for years to get this tag, and to work sooo hard, and to get lucky, to have someone lessen thier accomplishment, as "way too easy" by someone on a public forum, who wasn't there, is frustrating.

The greatest thing about hunting is it is NOT general, it is specific. Your specific situation, your specific goals, your specific desire, your specific skills, all come into play. You know very little of each archers specific situation, so I suggest you not make very general statements...as in all things some people who hunted archery worked hard...as well as some may have been lucky, in rifle, looked over the first ridge, and had in your words..."way too easy" of a hunt. AND VICE-VERSA. It is all specific

I for one am grateful I was drawn, and I am grateful to be lucky enough to hunt the beautiful strip, and kill an amazing deer after days of sitting, it didn't seem "way too easy" for me, but then again I may not be that great of a hunter :)

6409strip_wide_load_002.jpg

Great bucks posted and Congrats to all the hunters!!!

I wouldn't say the archery hunt is an easy hunt at all on the strip. It takes a lot of hard work and luck to kill any buck let alone a good buck up there. Sure some bucks do come easier but overall the rifle hunt you have a Much better chance to kill a buck of a lifetime IMO. Awesome bucks guys!!!

Great bucks to all of you!! What outstanding bucks

It's always "easy," to someone who doesn't actually hunt..I could defiantly hit a 90 mph off of Cliff Lee, it's not that hard, even though I haven't played baseball since I was 12....come back to reality please...

If I was trying to make it as a booking agent for rifle mule deer hunts I would talk up how impossible it is to hunt there too...

Oh well don't let such a negative person take away from your awesome trophies or hijack your thread about showcasing your trophies...

JB

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-10 AT 11:23PM (MST)[p]
>
>
>There were some real monsters harvested
>, but the rifle hunt
>
>
>was way more difficult than the
>archery hunt.
>
>Now, before the archery guys take
>acception , the archery hunt
>
>
>was when it was very dry
>and the deer were tied
>to water.
>
>This made for an EASY hunt
>in my opinion , way
>too easy.
>
>Steve

Really? Posts like this are the reason I rarely visit this site anymore. Dumb.

www.cactusbull.com

I have a feeling there are a few guys holding out on posting their pictures. Come on now fellars, we would really like to see them.

13B hunters,

I guess I have ruffled some feathers , with my comments.

They are just my opinions.

I will continue to say what I think.

Some of you will take little pot shots , at me , but hey , I am a grown man , and can take a hit.

Except for those who want to play games , I feel others are interested in the truth.

There were some absolute " MONSTERS " harvested this year , in 13A and 13B.

The use of trail cams played a big part in these bucks being discovered , and known to be in the area.

I am NOT saying , some real hard hunting , wasn't put in for these bucks, but there are just so many monster bucks.

If the over use of these cameras isn't curtailed , the strip will be a ghost town , void of the bucks we all have learned to love.

Steve Cheuvront

Steve,

you WERE saying that there was little hard hunting put in for these bucks, at least on the archery hunt. I think your exact words were "This made for an EASY hunt in my opinion , way too easy."

Instead of responding to the comments of those whose "feathers were ruffled" you bring up a totally new un-related topic of trail cam pictures.

I saw your trail cams all over the place. I understand they are put up for a study you are doing. However, I have heard you in these forums talking that you are going to help some buddies on there hunt. Did you let your friends know of any big bucks you had seen on any of the dozens of trail cameras you have throughout the strip? If so you that is pretty hypocritical. If not, you mean to tell me, you had first hand knowledge with picture evidence of where big bucks were hanging out, and you didn't tell friends you were "helping" hunt for deer?

Tom Caldwell

Tom Caldwell;

Congratulations , you have joined a long list of people

who believe I am using my knowledge of the strip and the

information I gather from the survey cameras for my own good.

I have explained this way too many times.

I do NOT share the information I gather from the survey cameras

with any one except the AZG&FD in the form of a report on how

many animals , when , where , etc.

Yes, I have helped people with there hunt, but never on a

spcific animal location.

Some folks are totally lost on where to go to even start

looking.

I give general information.

Do people ask me spcific information, yes they do , but I tell

them I can't say and that usually stops the questions.

You asked me about the cameras I have out , I have 40 cameras

placed thruout the 13B unit.

You say I have neglected to address your complaint about the

2010 archery hunt , being too easy.

#1 that is my opinion

#2 the very dry conditions had the deer glued to the few water

sources that held water.

#3 the deer continued to visit the waters during the day , even though the hunt was on.

#4 the bucks were still in their batchlor groups traveling together as a group.

Tom;

I am sure you spent many hours and days scouting the unit.

I am also sure you spent many hours behind your glass looking for monster bucks.

I do not down play your effort with a spot and then a well planned stalk , to get within archery range.

The buck you harvested is truley a monster.

What else would you like me to say, Tom ?

Steve Cheuvront

Steve,

Good enough, I hope your study helps the deer on the strip.

I also hope you would consider others, when making broad sweeping statements.

However we all are entitled to our opinions, it is what makes America great.

How we share those opinions makes us even greater!

Tom C.

Whitegoat;

Many on this post have asked you to tell us all how your hunt went.

I hope your had a good time and enjoyed the beautiful country
that makes up the Arizona Strip.

Wheather you harvested a monster or not , the experience of hunting the Arizona Strip is always an adventure.

Myself , I love the country , and always enjoy just being there.

The country changes every mile you travel , and deer are all over the unit , not many , but big bucks seem to know exactly where to live where it is a bit-h to find them, thats the challenge.

Hope you enjoyed your time on the strip , I did.

Steve Cheuvront

My buck is getting published sorry no pics ill pm everyone who has asked the info and short story, even If I did post my all time award B&C buck (buy 10 pts) you would find a way to insult it or me or my hunting practices...Im out on these posts im too old for this...

Please dont feel free to reply as I will not respond so anything you post will just be for your pure satisfaction..

There hasn't been a post about the "strip" since july that you havent hijacked and put some Belittling twist into it...

You win Steve your practices and most recent opinion (about archery hunt being easy) have pushed away yet another MM fan...

Sorry everyone Im out!!

JB

Whitegoat;

Congratulations on a buck of a lifetime!

You proved that hard scouting and hard hunting

can produce , a Monster buck.

You did it your way and were successful.

I look forward to seeing your buck and story

in print.

Steve Cheuvront

>Ok, the season closed yesterday &
>Someone had to have some
>luck this year. All
>you have to do now
>is post up your picture
>and story.

This guy started this post with wanting to see photos and a story, which I posted a photo, sure looks like some members have added alot of bullshit!! Maybe you guys should start a new post with all your crap!!!!!!

Whitegoat I can only assume that you have a conflict going on with someone or vise versa. You say your to old for this, I would assume your not a kid. Anyhow who gives a damn about the small stuff. Post a pic of your buck and brag about it!!!! After all the original post says, post pics and story. I will start a new post for the members who want to bash each others hunting practices if that will help get some photos up!!

BUTCH

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom