13pt wilderness unit

BigPig

Very Active Member
Got 13.5 pts as a party of two. Willing to hire an outfitter and hunt wilderness. I have my thoughts on units, but curious as to what you guys think. And outfitter recommendations (or who to avoid) are certainly welcome. Thank you!

What units do these outfitters operate in?
Ishawooa is 55 and 56.

Trails west also operates under shosone lodge is 55,56, 61 and I think 62.

Both great outfitters. Both will provide same experience.

Shoshone Lodge website says $13k. For a public land draw hunt? I’m not saying it’s not worth it, but help me understand that please. That seems more like private land (tag included) lodge type pricing.

Shoshone Lodge website says $13k. For a public land draw hunt? I’m not saying it’s not worth it, but help me understand that please. That seems more like private land (tag included) lodge type pricing.
I don’t see prices dropping , and you want wilderness hunt look at there websites, Shoshone offers lodge or back country, and wagonhound in 7 is 16,000 for lodge hunt not wilderness, pick your poison!! Only you can decide what a chance at a 350”+ bull is worth to you and what you want to get out of the experience. As nfh recommended above there is like 5,000 difference in price in those 2 operations. Get a hold of each and see what is offered. Deadline is approaching 😀

All about experience. These guys know the area to get big bulls.

For 2023 in a day they got 796 inches of bone. You can See the pics of the 2 bulls on the outfitter website or facebook. What private land hunt can offer that.

I agree prices are getting high. They won't ever get lower

Last edited:
You are paying for access to horses, trailers, and the guides prior experiences that know the layout of the land. The NW corner mtns are HUGE mountains and without horses and mules AND knowledge and no access to the wilderness area you won't come close to killing a giant bull from Park County. Then you throw on the possibility of killing a 360-380+ bull. That's what you are paying for.

For private land hunts you are paying for the access to the land. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
There never is a true guarantee on a class of bull on a hunt. Mistakes happen. Archery can be tricky. Elk will either talk back, come in silent or nothing happens

I highly suggest you call these outfitters. Some could be booked out a year or 2.

How bad was winterkill in that region 61 area? I know it was real bad south of there, but was the northwest corner hit as hard? Is this a legitimate concern for deciding whether or not to cash in this year or wait?

How bad was winterkill in that region 61 area? I know it was real bad south of there, but was the northwest corner hit as hard? Is this a legitimate concern for deciding whether or not to cash in this year or wait?
Elk did just fine everywhere. Deer/antelope were destroyed. Couple buddies had tags last year and packed in deep with horses... elk all over like usual

Elk are just fine as said couple post above. Thats for the areas being discussed in this post
We didnt get a winter up here like others did last year.

13k seems steep how many 380+ bulls have they killed.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom