14 more days!!!

cammoman33

14 more days of work, then off for the whole archery elk hunt! Seen some stellar bulls, bow is dialed in, and I can't take much more! It is getting close!

Good luck to ya C-Man33. You've got it good, I need to wait until the end of Aug. to get my start on heading out there.

Hope you get the bull your after!

nocwalker

good luck to to you both. I'm chasing the whole hunt as well. but I get off work the morning of opener. so It will be an evening hunt start.

Hunting on the wasatch. Going to be awesome! I am already hunting mentally, just not there physically yet! Good luck to all!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-12 AT 03:36PM (MST)[p]I am in the same boat as you Cammoman and nocwalker, I have the Wasatch archery as well. I have 22 of the days off work. What area are you guys looking at hunting? PM if you want, I am not against sharing info, particularly with LE. I will be hunting mostly in the Timpanogos area. I haven't seen anything specatular yet, I am going to check trail cams one last time this weekend before the hunt starts. The area I am focused on usually doesn't have big bulls move in until around the first of August so I am expecting some good pics on there. It has been about 3 weeks since I checked them last.

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-12
>AT 03:36?PM (MST)

>
>I am in the same boat
>as you Cammoman and nocwalker,
>I have the Wasatch archery
>as well. I have 22
>of the days off work.
>What area are you guys
>looking at hunting? PM if
>you want, I am not
>against sharing info, particularly with
>LE. I will be hunting
>mostly in the Timpanogos area.
>I haven't seen anything specatular
>yet, I am going to
>check trail cams one last
>time this weekend before the
>hunt starts. The area I
>am focused on usually doesn't
>have big bulls move in
>until around the first of
>August so I am expecting
>some good pics on there.
>It has been about 3
>weeks since I checked them
>last.

Definitely going to be a lot of us out there on the wasatch. I am coming up from Arizona on the 23rd. I will be out there for the last three weeks of the hunt. I won't be near Timpanogos but I still expect to fight crowds.

I also have the Le archery tag and havent seen many people out scouting at all on the wasatch, it always is like that but come opening everybody will be up trampeling through the trees but once tuesday hits everyone is gone thats when the hunting gets good.

>I also have the Le archery
>tag and havent seen many
>people out scouting at all
>on the wasatch, it always
>is like that but come
>opening everybody will be up
>trampeling through the trees but
>once tuesday hits everyone is
>gone thats when the hunting
>gets good.

I hope you are right. I am skipping the first week and coming up for the last 3 weeks of the hunt.

Drew the SWDesert with 2 pointswhich is absorb. Been scouting the last three weekends to even learn the area. Have got a lot of tips from MM group and guys I've met on the mnt. I'll thank them all after the hunt no matter how it turns out. Heading up this Fri. and will be there till the 10th. going solo cause everyone has commitments but I've been there before. Best of luck to all that drew and if I'm in the position to help I will.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom