14 NR POINTS LE DEER

NV380

JUST LOOKING FOR OPINIONS ON WHICH UNITS WOULD BE BEST TO TRY AND DRAW WITH THIS MANY POINTS. I KNOW THE HENRIES ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE

You are near the top point group of everything but Henrys, Pauns, and San Juan.

Book Cliffs have a NR Bonus Tag, so that could be an option. I would also consider Crawford Mtn. Muzzleloader.

It is weather dependent, so that can be scary to try and draw... but there are some really nice bucks over there on early winter years.

You're kind of in the middle of the great tags and the okay tags. Depends what you want, I guess.

PS. Pauns Archery and Muzzleloader are only a few years away (if it were me, I'd wait a few and go for those).

The Crawford Mtn. hunt is extremely weather dependent. Not near what it used to be, mostly 170 type deer if you are lucky.
I would not worry about which unit so much as what guide you may have to hire if you don't have time to scout.
If you don't mind a huge 4x3 then the Henry Management hunt may be the way to go. With 14 points you are in a good spot, be patient.

The problem with waiting for Henry's is that there are 103 people with more points than you that applied for Henry's deer last year. And 53 in your point group; and only 1 Bonus Tag a year. If you are unlucky, it could take well over 100 years before you draw a Bonus Tag. You could always get lucky, but last year your odds were .2% (or 1 in 500).

You probably won't live long enough to draw a Henry's Tag.

PS. There aren't any Bonus NR Tags for Henry's in the Muzzleloader or Archery draw.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom