15x56 or spotting scope?

muleytail

I'm curious as to what everyone recommends, I hunt a lot of high country mule deer and am thinking of getting a pair of 15x56's to run on a tripod instead of a mediocre spotting scope. What would you do?

Quality 15X56 would be better than a mediocre spotting scope. In general, I prefer my 15X on a tripod for glassing that is 1 mile or less. For 2 mile glassing, a spotting scope is nice.

I’m also curious on this. I have a razor HD spotting scope. But have highly considered the 18x56 Binos on a tripod. I spend a lot of time looking through my scope. But majority of my deer are found while looking through binos on a tripod.

They need to be high end 15x56 binos, but that is definitely the way to go. you'll use them way more, spot more animals with them, and have an easier time glassing for long periods of time. if you can only care 1 piece of glass, hands down the 15x56 with a tripod has to be your first choice for western hunting.

15x56 all day everyday. If I find something that I need to get a close look at, I can change to my spotting scope with a quick change base's that are attached to both.

I also run Kowa 10x42's for 90% of my spotting. However, pre-season glassing requires my 20x60 86mm spotter to reach out to the far ridges without me killing myself hiking. You'll be more than happy with a quality pair of 15x56's especially if you're glassing bowls... but if you're wanting to stay in one location and reach 4 ridges over then a spotter is a must!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom