161-164 Muzzy elk Hunt

Nimrod

Has anybody had any experience with this hunt they would be willing to share? My brother drew the tag and I'm just wondering what to expect. I'm guessing the rut comes on harder the last half of the hunt. Are horses a must in this unit? Just looking for general input on what kind of hunt we are in for.
Thanks

Anybody else out there hunted this unit? Not looking for spots really just general input on the unit. Maybe a pic of a 16 bull?? Anything?

This hunt will be different than any other muzz hunt that has taken place before. With the way they are rotating the rut hunt the muzz hunt starts around august 21st and goes to the middle of september this year. Your best bet would be to talk with people who have had the archery tag in the past they will know where to hunt that time of year.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even realize they were rotating the hunt until after we drew the tag. I have heard they travel quite a bit during the time of the muzzy season tag this year. appreciate the input sagebucks.

I drew an archery tag last year, I wouldn't go until after the first of sept. They just started bugling then. Call Nick Prechetti, He will pack you in or guide you. Lottsa of elk.
Good luck,RS

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-14 AT 11:15PM (MST)[p]My son has a cow muzy tag for this unit as well. Any intel would be appreciated to make his first elk hunt a successful one. Feel free to send me a PM. . Thanks!

Sam did you get a bull? I would live to see a picture. It seems that this tag is more popular with the Reno crowd. Not too many people in vegas know anything about the unit. We plan on doing plenty of scouting but I'm not sure what to expect as far as what is a reasonable bull to take. Is 350 realistic?

>I drew an archery tag last
>year, I wouldn't go until
>after the first of sept.
>They just started bugling then.
>Call Nick Prechetti, He will
>pack you in or guide
>you. Lottsa of elk.
>Good luck,RS

Yep, call Nick he knows where the big ones are

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom