16a 2nd Rifle Hunt Info

LCHC

One of my employees drew the 2nd rifle hunt in 16A and wants me to help him out on the hunt. I have been Archery hunting twice in 16a the last 2 years but don't know much about the 2nd rifle hunt.

Just wanting to know what kind of action goes on during the 2nd rifle hunt. Are they still talking? Are the bulls away from the cows during that time? Are the bulls up high? Are the elk really buggered up around that time? I know it all depends on weather etc., etc., etc. Just wondering what past hunters have experienced during the 2nd rifle hunt?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

LCHC

The hunt is pushed back kind of late , not a lot of talking going on. Elk are starting to break from cows a little but you will find bulls still with the herd.

Thanks BUGLE.

I think most read my subject line and don't know what I am asking for. They prob think I have never been there and looking for special places, etc. Just wondering what the elk are doing that time of the year.

High points away from roads before sun up my friend. Remember this is really the third time they. Will be getting shot at .

My friend drew this tag last year, he tagged out on the 3rd day of the hunt, some bulls still had some cows and some were alone, in all honesty I think this is one of my best hunts and choices. Last year we were into bulls everyday, but my buddy was being picky final he took a 331, cause he had to ho home a day early. Your friend will have a blast.

The big bulls have already done their thing and split off from the cows by then. However, if the timing is right, some cows go into a second cycle if they didn't take the first go round, and if you are in the right place at the right time it can get real interesting. In that situation, with a rifle in my hands, I'd get the wind right and be very aggressive in my approach.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom