16A Archery Success!!

NMWapiti33

My group drew some tags for the 3rd season archery hunt in 16A. We were into elk everyday, and I actually missed a GIANT bull right around 400 on the third morning!! The rut was just starting to get into full swing the last couple days. The first morning, I shot a big boar bear at 50yds......which proceeded to come after me. As he got closer, I tried to get another arrow in him and missed. At about 8yds, I pulled another arrow out and was just planning on stabbing him with it as he attacked me......luckily, I made a few steps to my right, and the bear focused his attention to a large pine tree about 10 feet to my left. He attempted to climb it, only getting his front legs up, so I sent the arrow through his lungs....he expired in about 40 seconds!! On my last morning, I missed a good 6X6 just outside camp, but ended up smoking a decent bull a half hour later!! It was a great hunt, bears and elk were everywhere!!! Here are a few pics......the bear is blurry from my uncles camera lense...sorry!!

Congratulations, nice job and thanks for sharing.

WP

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom