16A youth mule deer hunt

C

cubfanbudman

My son has his first Mule deer hunt in a few weeks and I was trying to find the best way to get around the Hualapai Mountain at the base. We will be out scouting the next couple of weekends and I want to set up a few trail cams. He is really excited about the hunt. He is even doing work around the house and home work for school with out being asked. Thanks for any information.

P.M. Sent.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
1202707117883yj7.gif

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-08 AT 10:57PM (MST)[p]I live over the mountain in the BHC area. Never hunted deer
up there, but alotta birds along the Alamo road. If you didn't find what your looking for last weekend you might 'Google Earth'the area. Lotta roads along the west side, Boriana(sp) mine road takes you up over the top and looked like good area.
PM sent

Good luck on the hunt.

cubfanbudman any advice my son drew a tag in that unit for this year. How did your hunt go last year with your son?

Kevin

I don't know what fugitive sent you in his pm but I just know that when I asked the same question on a unit I was interested in...Fugitive gave very good advice and I ended up with a 29 inch mule deer :7

Don Martin seems to know a lot about this youth hunt and I have heard he has great success guiding kids on 16A. You should look him up on here.

Kevin, can you please PM me what Fugative PM'ed you? I promise I won't tell a soul.

I have been in the Hualapai's for a few days in the past few weeks, assisting the 2008-09 Super Raffle javelina winner.

The weather has been horribly hot, and we've seen just two single pigs (no shots) and exactly ZERO deer. Been looking from Wikieup north to I-40.

Way to hot for the critters. Critters are up an hour in the morning and an hour before dark. Rest of the time they are buried in the brush.

Be glad your hunt starts in early October, it will cool down by then, and deer will be more visible.

If you must do anything now, just learn the roads out there.

Good Luck!

Don Martin
Kingman

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom