16x60 or 20x60 Pentax

D

_droptine_

Which would you recomend? The 16x60 with a bigger exit pupil or the 20x60 with more magnification? These would be used primarily for long distance above treeline glassing.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-04 AT 09:37AM (MST)[p]Heck, if your gonna go with a big set why not go real big. (20 x 60) I would suggest getting a tripod for them also. fatrooster.

20x60's are not going to give you good low light performance. I think Steiner sells some 20x80's if you really want the 20X's

Thanks for the offer, but I got a good deal on the Pentax 16x60's this spring. I used them some in Yellowstone this past week. It was pretty cool to be able to see the details on the wildlife at the distances I was looking from. They will definitely be getting a lot of use.

droptine, I had the 20's and I sold them. You'll end up seeing more out of the 16's in the long run.

I too have the 20 x 80 Steiners and they are great glass for the money. They do need a tripod though and are not good for backpack hunting, too heavy...

I owned a pair of the 20's. They were good for long distance on a tripod. Each side tube is very large and the support/alignment system in the middle was not strong enough in my opinion. They came out of alignment once on me, resulting in seeing double. I played and played with them until they were back in alignment but they didn't stay that way long. After calling Pentax about them, they would look at them and send me an estimate for repairs. I figured the cost would be almost as much as the binos original purchase price with no guarntee they would stay fixed. I chucked them and for that reason won't do business with pentax anymore. Leupold gave me new binos when some Wind River lens got scratched, can't beat that!!!

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom