17 and 18b - Roads & Rut

G

garrick17a

Hi - Anyone been up this week to 17s or 18b? I'm going up Thursday evening towards to Camp Wood area. How bad are the roads? See any bucks with does?

Thanks for anything you can post.

Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-09 AT 08:01PM (MST)[p] Was up there on the opener weekend all over 18b pig and deer hunting. The roads are good but all the washes were flowing. Every group of does had a buck with them and they were in full rut. Got my pig but no deer. Good luck on your hunt!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-09 AT 08:16PM (MST)[p]went up last monday after the rains. Roads were muddy but almost dried up. Ruts were pretty bad by then. My buddy went up last weekend before i did. Got his truck stuck on south mesa road then my brother in law got both his trucks stuck tryin to get him out. roads should be dry and the ruts should be beat in a little by the time you get there with all the warmth weve had lately.

P.S. all this was on the road that runs the border of17B and 18B, Then turns in to 17A 17B.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
th_Nuke.gif

Excellent news! Thanks for the note. I'll let you know how we do. Congrats on your pig!

Garrick

OK thanks, big reason why I was asking... we are pulling a trailer and don't want to get stuck or slide off!

Good luck!
Garrick

where ya pullin too? If you are headed to camp wood area might be best to go in on the prescott side. The road will be a lot better.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
th_Nuke.gif

Stay out of my areas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want them nice and unmolested for when I get back from this dump in Texas.

Good luck, let me know how you do.

BT

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-09
>AT 08:01?PM (MST)

>
> Got
>my pig but no deer.
>Good luck on your hunt!
>

Where did you get your pig? I am going for hte HAM hunt Feb 6th - 15th. Only hunted 18B one time last year for pig (rifle) and didnt even see one. Any advice would help.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom