17 deer points..... Panic yet?????

B

bushwacker11

I put in for the Henry Mountains muzzleloader tag this year with 17 deer points. I've been checking the credit card a million times a day. Has anyone that put in for the Henry's had a hit yet or can I still hold on to hope? Thanks guys!

16 pts here and I applied for the archery tag. There's only one muzzy and archery tag for NR so if you're one of us you are in the pool with everyone else. I'd sure like to see at least one more archery and muzzy tag for the NRs. The way it's going now I could never draw.

BTW - No charges on my card yet either.

I'd say PANIC!!!

They started hitting cards on Monday and now it is Friday.
If they haven't hit cards in 5 days, they are real slow or made a mistake.
You and I are TOAST my friend!
It sucks to think you are a shoe in to draw and don't!

I think you will be hunting the Henry's with a Camera.
I still have not gotten a hit for gen season tag.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

RON, THERE ARE WELL OVER 500 HUNTERS PUTTING IN FOR THE HENRYS ML DEER FOR THE NON RES. TAG IN 2013. IN 2012 THERE WERE 521 GUYS THAT APPLIED TO BE EXACT.......WITH ONE TAG AVAILABLE THE LINE NEVER MOVES EVEN IF YOUR IN THE TOP POINT POOL. YOU MIGHT WANT TO RECONSIDER THIS HUNT.......HOPE THIS HELPS.....................YD.

RON,............ WRONG CHART ON MY PART, YOU HAVE A EXCELLENT SHOT AT THAT TAG........MY BAD ....GOOD LUCK...........YD.

Here's the link to the 'approved' deer permits for 2013.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggame/pdf/2013_le_deer_permits.pdf

It all boils down to if your talking reident, or non-res tags.

There was only 1 non-res tag for the draw,
meaning, no bonus draw/tag.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

I didn't get a Pauns Non-Resident rifle tag with 17 points.Must be a lot of point creep going on, oh well maybe next year.

I forgot to mention that I am a resident..... I still havent heard anybody's cards getting hit yet for the henrys? has anybody else?

I used my 18 NR points on the Pauns archery tag!Might not live long enough to draw the 1 Henrys tag!
David

Like I said I have 16 pt as a NR, but I'm only 41 y/o and hopefully have another 20 years in me. I'll wait it out to see if they give out another tag or two for the archery or muzzy hunt. Otherwise I might have to jump into the rifle draw for the Henry's to get a tag. Last resort I'll retire to UT to finally get it as a resident with 35 points, lol!

Bushwacker,

I would say you have a 50/50 chance of drawing the tag this year. If you currently have 17 points then that means you were in the 16 points carpool for last year. There were 30 other applicants with the same number of points and 8 of those drew, leaving 22 without a tag. Assuming that no one jumps around that would mean that you would have 22 applicants going for 11 tags this year.

I will be hunting the Henry's this year with 0 points and a lucky draw at the EXPO. I will be looking for a Management buck but still am excited to be chasing them bucks all the same.... Good luck hope that you draw.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom