18B javelina

hangfire

Was looking to take my 12 year old boy pig hunting, and was wondering if 18b would be a good unit, have hunted down by phoenix before but would like to try a new unit closer to home, thanks for any comments.

My favorite hunt of the year Jr pig!!! I would put in for the 20c jr hunt. We set up a big camp for the kids and we have a blast. Sat night we raffle off all kinds or stuff including a gun usually. Food is served all day and dinner time as well, burgers dogs ect... I help "guide" kids and and there are others there that "guide" as well. It is a great time and HIGHLY recommend it. Plus there are a ton of pigs! Let me know if you draw..

Eric

Here are a few pics from last year:

1027sdc10943.jpg

221sdc10959.jpg

1958sdc10975.jpg

Try the canyons north west of the shooting rang in 18b u should see some in there

Eric:

U Da Man! You gave 'em some great info and hopefully they'll let you help out some of those juniors. You do a great job with them!

PM me about the early unit elk hunt..

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Thx Don! You know you can come on down this year to help out if you are not all booked up! Would love to get more "guides" down there as the kids really get pumped up to hunt with one! I think it is a confidence thing which makes me work that much harder as i dont want to let them down! Headed to the jr 10 deer hunt right now so i will holler at you when I get back. Cant get enough of hunting with the kids! Cant wait till mine are old enough... 2 more years

As far as the elk hunt..... well my guy passed a solid 380 bull on the second to last day... ouch!! Passed a bunch of 350-370s as well....

Eric

nonet, my hat is off to you helping the kids the way you are. We are non-res so not sure how that works, but might be a chance we will join you.

Non-res or res it doesnt matter. Just apply for 20c jr and join us in camp! As a second choice i would do the multi unit with 17b in it or 18b which is a standalone unit but it is a little far from the jr camp 17b is right across the hwy from 20c and there are plenty of pigs there . Kids from 17b and 18b are also welcome as we dont care where you hunt just be a kid!!! Let me know if you draw and I will give you all the info you need!

Eric

Eric,
Are you talking about the spring hunts? and also do you know if it's legal for the kids to use a bow? My son really wants to try his luck with a bow, he's ten. He just got his first buck on the 3c jr hunt with a rifle, what a blast that was, elk everywhere, turkeys, deer, bald eagles, it was a great experience. Do you have to be a guide to help out at these camps, as if we can make it over and end up tagging out early we would love to hang around and help other kids.
Flyingspearnv

Eric:

I'll be helping a young lady from Baltimore on her juniors 18B combo pig and deer hunt next month in 18B.

We hunted her last year for pig and I think she was done early on the second day with her pig. This year her first priority will be a buck, but if we happen to see a pig, she take the pork too!

If nothing happens for the Spring, I may get down your way to help out a kid or two. Those are always the best, huh?

Here is a photo of one of the kids I helped a few years ago, He won a check in our big pig contest with this brute boar!

Don Martin
AWO

7655blake_kuehner_2008_juniors-only_pig.jpg

Flyin, I am taking about the spring hunts. it is a general hunt so any legal weapon is allowed. Rifles are the most common but there are kids that use a bow muzzeloaders heck one kid used a pistol. As long as it is legal you are good to go! You absolutely do NOT need to be a guide to help out! There are some guys that still come back and help out even though their kids are now too old for the jr camp. It is turning into a really big camp where everyone is familiar with everyone. New faces are ALWAYS welcome and would love to see you there! If you need anymore info just let me know!

Eric

Don, Well good luck on that combo hunt! It would be great if you could come down and help out this spring! I love seeing pics of kids with dead critters don't you!!!!?? You have my number, gimmie a call sometime.. Heading up to 8 tonight to get ready for the oct bull hunt so I wont be on here for about a week or so..

Eric

What's the location of the camp, contact info so we can touch bases in advance, and any other info you could provide would be great. We didn't apply as we plan to pick up a leftover tag and go hunting. If we can get a tag in that unit we'll be there and would love to help out. Please PM me the information. Thanks a bunch
FlyingspearNV

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom