19 bonus points for res Elk

R

rmk900

Just looking for some opinions on some elk areas and having 19 bonus points. I was thinking 108,131-132 muzzleloader, 111-115 early rifle and 111-115 muzzleloader. Are there other areas I should be looking at? Thanks

I personally prefer earlier elk seasons. I sure wish NV would make their muzzy elk hunts earlier than Oct 22nd. If they started on Oct 1st or even Oct 10th I'd jump on one. The Nov 4 early rifle hunt is just way too late for my liking. Plus you're dealing with broken up bulls recovering from the rut.

I'd go with one of the earlier season hunts like the 072, 073, 074 muzzy hunt or any archery hunt. Maybe one the earlier rifle hunts. The problem though is I'm with you on wanting to stay in the Ely area, but the muzzy and rifle hunts in 111-115 are on the later side.

There is no way I'd burn 19 points on units 108,131-132. I'd still look at the Ely hunts with that many points. There were a lot of really good bulls killed last year on the rifle hunts, and there were a lot of really good bulls that survived the hunts last year that should still be wandering this year. Just my $0.02.

I wouldn't burn your points on 108,131-132. The quality of bulls are better in 11, 12 and 22

Ely all the way. No reason to waste those points on a mediocre area. We were on several big bulls in Ely last year. Sister in law couldn't close the deal, but definitely where I would put in. Especially with that many points.

Saw a couple MONSTERS left over on my late cow hunt on Grafton in January. Saw a monster 7 point and a pretty hefty 6 point a long with a few smaller bulls. You just need horses or some REALLY good hiking boots.

222 area

I drew 104-108-121 in 013. Hunted mostly in 121 with Thomas from Timberline. My son and I went up 3 days before the hunt and scouted and saw no Elk. Saw some nice mule deer has they were starting to rut. First day with Thomas started seeing some nice Bulls with one pushing 390 plus, but was broken off on the left side. Not sure if that bull was ever taken in 2014. Ended shooting a 365 bull on the 4 th day with great mass. Wouldn't overlook this unit and a little easier to draw although I had 18 points. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Have to wait a while though. Also never saw any cows.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom