191 First Season

Nocohunter

Hey, I drew a unit 191 bull tag for first season this year. It's the first time hunting the for elk in the area. I've hunted for deer in the unit and have had great success. Only seen elk late in the year. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Noco, you just answered your own question. I live not far from the unit and rarely encounter elk until cold winter weather sets in. Elk numbers are low and spotty. Do some serious scouting in the next week or so around the central and eastern areas of the unit. You never know what you may turn up. Either way, let us know how your hunt turns out.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom