1941 millitary stove

I used a wood burning military stove to heat my military tent during a 2005 elk hunt but I don't know if this type was modeled in 1941. I do know that it was probably manufactured within the last 10 years but I do not know the model. Can you post a picture? fatrooster.

i have one and once you get wood that will fit it it works great.it is a top loader so be quick when you feed it so you dont get smoked out. it has a bottom door for cleaning ash out too. fairly compact stove for the money.

I just bought one off of EBAY ,it has not been delivered yet.Plan on using it in Colorado for elk hunt.I have a 10x12 tent hope it keeps it warm.

LAST EDITED ON May-23-08 AT 08:25PM (MST)[p]I had one and sold it after a couple trips. The top loading door doesn't work worth beans with wood of any length and will let smoke out when opened. The stove itself is a PITA to move where it's split into two pieces (upper and lower half), so you either have to move them separately, which causes a mess and gets your hands/clothes filthy, or you have to pick the whole thing up from the bottom, which is awkward and hard on the back. They also come coated in some nasty varnish type crap, so if you get one, make sure you burn it off outside before using it in a tent. IMHO, there's far better stoves for not a whole lot more money. The Outfitter sold by Cabela's can sometimes be found on sale for under $100.00 and is ten times the stove the '41 is.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom