1st attempt at HDR

johnnyh

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-09 AT 05:04PM (MST)[p]jd cabin in williams, az

johnny

cabinhdr.jpg

I don't know what HDR is but thats a beautiful cabin in a beautiful place. Whats the history behind it? fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-09 AT 10:38AM (MST)[p]Thanks Johnny for the example. What do the letters HDR stand for? Also the revised picture looks more rich or vivid but it looks like there is an aora around the trees. I don't know anything about photography so do not take my view harshly because it is still beautiful as you fixed it. fatrooster.

take 3 pics
1 underexposed
1 properly exposed
1 overexposed
merge them together

hdr high dynamic range photo

johnny

Drew
You want to set your camera on a tripod and set it to bracket your shot. It will take three pictures 1 under 1 at the right exposure and 1 over exposed the you can merge them with the photomatix software.
Check out photomatix. Go to this link. http://photomatix-pro.en.softonic.com/ You can download it for free to play around with but it will leave a water mark on your photos unless you purchase it.
Wes

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-09 AT 08:25AM (MST)[p]Johnny,

Here's your "plain and boring" original with nothing more than a bit of massaging with PS. Note that the sky doesn't show the "border" around the trees of what appeared to be the use of a darkening tool in the improved one you had posted.

4abf75d73b5948fe.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-09 AT 06:07PM (MST)[p]Thank for the HDR info. Makes a mid day shot look like a late evening shot.

Outdoorwriter did kind of get that with PS but not as rich.

Can you take the haloing out of the HDR shot using PS?

Nice photo, HDR is a lot of fun, I'm just getting into it myself. You can reduce the Halo effect by selecting a higher level of smoothing (select high or max) in the soothing section of the tone mapping section and selecting a lower luminocity value also in the tone mapping section of photomatix. After you get it done in photomatix take it to photoshop for any refinements.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-09 AT 07:38AM (MST)[p]I spent less than 5 mins. working on the original posted. All I did was increase the color saturation and adjust the levels of the various tones.

I could have made it "richer" or any of a number of other things. BUT...my aim was to keep it where it looked more normal than sureal.

Oh..and all this stuff is easy without having to bracket exposures. Just shoot in the raw mode and you can make all your own exposures to do the HDR stuff if that's your thing.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom