1st Mule Deer

zcheenan

After 4 years of applying for points and researching various outfitters, I went on my 1st western hunting trip a couple weeks ago.

I ended up traveling to Nebraska for a mule deer hunt in the sandhills. I was fortunate to see a lot of deer, one in particular which was quite impressive. Ended up sealing the deal on afternoon of the 2nd day.

Spotted this buck about 1 mile away all by himself cruising. He was headed our way and closed the gap in less than 10 minutes. We ended up seeing him about 100 yards below us, we started to crawl towards the edge so I could get into position for a shot. Before reaching the edge, we noticed he was coming up the hill and fast! Stopped him at 30 yards and down he went. The thrill of this hunt was incredible and a memory that will last forever. Can't wait for next year. Hope the photo uploads!

54560de70c50665ad4275ab473cb27461e2e7.jpeg

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNNLTIEHaSyN1nJEPBGWQLkjmpW_DDwJz4XTkxw

Certainly can't complain about first muley like that! Congratulations, he's a good one.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Awesome. After a first deer like that, i'd quit!

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Awesome buck! Congrats!

But I'm confused about something. It took 4 pts to draw the tag but you're going back next year? How's that work?

Nebraska is over the counter tags, I didn't use any preference points. Still collecting pp for other states for future hunts. It wasn't clear in my original post.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom