1st. season success 7X8 bull

sledriders

just got back from the 1st. season here in colorado and found this bull way up high in the dark timber. tried hunting down lower but it was to hot and didn't see anything. this was public land with a second choice draw no points required.I have hunted this unit for 22 years and this is my 18th bull from there, 2 cows
and I took my daughter there and she shot 2 bulls when she was 12&13 years old (I didn't hunt those 2 years) but this is about as big as get there. I did shoot a 6X7X2 three horned bull there 2 years ago that I posted on MM.
4192dsc02656.jpg

5672dsc02633.jpg

4764dsc02629.jpg

Sounds like you work hard and have been blessed with much success. That is a fantastic Colorado Bull. Way to Go!

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Dandy public-land bull! Congratulations.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-11 AT 07:53PM (MST)[p]Awesome bull. Congratulations!
Would your name happen to be Dan? You look alot like a guy I worked with at the mine but now he is retired. Great guy. If it is you I hope when I retire someday I can get a bull like that and I hope your enjoying freedom from the old daily grind as much as it looks here.
I blew it on a monster bull last year that looked very similar to him but was a 7x6.

Regardless it's a monster bull and major congrats!
Makes my good muzz bull look small.
Best,
Jerry
44f4e09309b4a917.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-11
>AT 07:53?PM (MST)

>
>Awesome bull. Congratulations!
>Would your name happen to be
>Dan? You look alot like
>a guy I worked with
>at the mine but now
>he is retired. Great guy.
>If it is you I
>hope when I retire someday
>I can get a bull
>like that and I hope
>your enjoying freedom from the
>old daily grind as much
>as it looks here.
>I blew it on a monster
>bull last year that looked
>very similar to him but
>was a 7x6.
>
>Regardless it's a monster bull and
>major congrats!
>Makes my good muzz bull look
>small.
>Best,
>Jerry
>
44f4e09309b4a917.jpg

no my name isn't dan and I am still working and getting poorer.
thanks everybody for your comments on my bull

What a fantastic Colorado bull! You have obviously put in your time there. My neighbor shot a bruiser as well the second evening of first season. The fourth looked like a machete and was 23". I hope there is more of this to come.

thank you all, I already can't wait till next year and am planning on building or buying a game cart, these bulls are to heavy anymore to pack out. does anybody know of a good design or manufacturer for one? thanks again

That's about as big as they get anywhere in colorado!!!! Great bull on a 2nd choice tag for sure.....congrats!

Awesome CO bull. Gotta love those honey holes that don't require 18 points to get into. Colorado holds alot of big bulls. Just gotta find them. Like the mass. Congrats.

GREAT BULL, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

There is something to be said for learning an area and sticking with it. But that bull is a freak in a 2nd choice area IMO.

And getting the daughter into it is kool too.

Last year my son and step son took their animals opening day and my wife took her bull the 4th day. More fun then if I'd done it myself. Bet you got as much satisfaction out of her hunts as you did on this bull.

>GREAT BULL, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
>
>There is something to be said
>for learning an area and
>sticking with it. But
>that bull is a freak
>in a 2nd choice area
>IMO.
>
>And getting the daughter into it
>is kool too.
>
>Last year my son and step
>son took their animals opening
>day and my wife took
>her bull the 4th day.
> More fun then if
>I'd done it myself.
>Bet you got as much
>satisfaction out of her hunts
>as you did on this
>bull.

I think that bull is the oldest I have shot there,6 or 7 years old.The 3 horn bull I got 2 years ago was also an older bull.One reason why they may survive that long is some don't come down to winter and don't get shot in the later seasons on public or private land as every year we find elk shed horns up on the ridges at & above 9,000 ft. congratulations to your wife and sons on there success and I think it is more fun and rewarding when you take them.I got my wife into hunting and she has shot deer,elk,antelope,bighorn sheep(all nice trophy's), & a cow moose also.I know I was more excited and nervous on those family hunts than my own. Thanks again everybody for your comments on my bull. 30 replies and counting!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom