1st shotgun coyote and new Cur pup

cjg_beef

Went to pick up a cur from a friend in Cortez, CO and decided to do some calling on the way down. 1st stand of the morning had one coming in at about 12 minutes. Stopped her at 30 yards and gave her a taste of #4 buck. It was sweet to see my first shotgun coyote go down.
shotgun_coyote.jpg

Ended up calling in my first bobcat (within range) but didn't see it until after I stood up. It jumped out of a bush about 20 yards away and took off. I got down with my shooting sticks and lined up and pulled the trigger on a soon to be dead bobcat... until I heard the undeniable sound of... 'click'... In my hastiness to get on the stand I hadn't seated the bolt on my AR completely which resulted in a missed opportunity. Lesson learned I guess.
We also saw quite a few deer including this nice buck.
big_deer.jpg

And here is the cur pup that I picked up. I named him 'Tez' short for 'Cortez' (his birthplace). Should be a good coyote hunting buddy.
Tez.jpg

CJG_BEEF...Right on!! looks like an Alpha dog there, nice and fat and primed up. Great story and pics!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
4b1d2e562b226abb.jpg

That is a huge yote! My gawd she was eating well. Nice effort and thanks for sharing the extra pics. I like the pup too. Just curious why did you decide on the Cur.

HK

I chose a Mountain Cur because they are a good coyote decoy breed. They guy who I bought it from says his line is particularly good with people and small children. I also like that they aren't known for being a very vocal hound since I have neighbors that wouldn't like a bawling hound waking them up at night. Plus they are a good looking dog.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-09 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]I really like the looks of that pup. I hope to see some pics of him over some fleabags. I'm still on the fence as to when I'm ready for another dog, but that breed is definately on the short list.

HK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom