2 new hunting bills proposed

tworivers

Well one it is not new and it is one that concerns me, the establishment of Governer's Tags..... to be used by "Groups" such as RMEF MDF, and other acronym's.... Supposed to break down to help agency's , habitat, with a little 5% going to groups... This reminds me of a certain southern neighbor of ours..... I for one do not want to see Idaho follow the same path, and would like to know if any of you have additional info on this bill in paticular and the other one guaranteeing (sp) hunting right's.
My concern's with the first bill is doesn't our supertag's already go towards maintanence and or habitat? Or is it just to acquire access? If it address's all three why would we need a governers tag? How would a group accomplish this on a level that would even be significant?
b. The foot is in the door, and we have the same situation as exist's down south of us.
c, Don't our membership fees in those same groups achieve what is being set forth?
Have any of you read the bills and or thoughts?

Freedom is not Free!
RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"
2605scott_tribute.jpg

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We dont need our tags going to the rich man who bids the highest.Your right about the Supertags. I thought F&G had them set in a raffle draw to be fair for everyone.These organizations that steal our tags are a joke.I will never support any of them for reasons like this.Gonna check into this and see whos behind it for sure.

i agree totally with you guys. I have heard this proposed several times before and i have never liked the idea. why should our best tags go to the wealthiest hunter(s). If the department needs more funds for habitat, access, etc. they better find a way to improve their marketable product... big game. Another idea is promote the sale of super tag chances, more so than they are currently doing. I know there are creative ways to drum up funds for wildlife without turning this into a true sport of kings. If these sporting groups are so interested in funds and projects for wildlife then why dont we here more about partnership projects between these groups and the department?

Just my two cents.

I want to know how many super tags it takes before the hunt is not that super any more? We are getting to the point that a LOT of guys are getting super tags. Why would anyone pay mega dollars for the chance to compete with the super tag holders?
Unit 45 is getting hit hard by deer hunting and the southern units and being pounded for elk. When is enough enough? Ron

I agree. Bad idea. Once they get money for one Governor's tag, they will want more tags and more money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom