2 points Nevada Mule Deer

katorade

Typical asking for advice, I currently have two points for Nevada Deer and am looking for a unit to draw, in the Northeastern portion of the state units 62 through 81. Is there any recommendations, I am looking at late hunts with a muzzleloader, can't seem to find if two points is enough on some. Or would you hold out a few more years?

Thanks in advance

The muzzy deer hunts in 6 and 7 are early hunts that run from sept 10 to 30. Unit 081 is a late muzzy hunt but is a very popular choice. The Nevada draw odds are the most difficult to understand and impossible to calculate accurately. 2 points are not a sure thing for any tag. I applied for 5 muzzy hunts last year with 8 points and every hunt was drawn with less points.

You could get lucky and draw a hunt with 2 points, but don't plan your fall around getting a tag. 6 and 7 early rifle are better choices but far from a guarantee.

Rich

For example there were only 2 tags available for 081 muzzy. Both were drawn with someone with 6 points. There were 21 other applicants that put this hunt as their first choice with points ranging from 7 to 12 points.

Think of it this way. If the 2 top point holders reapply, each will have 170 chances of a lower number. Together they will have 340 chances for those 2 tags. You will have 5 chances.

Your straight odds against only the 2 top point holders is .98, or less than 1 percent. I didn't include all the other 82 applicants or anyone else that put that unit as their 2nd through 5 choice.

Good luck,

Rich

....so you're saying there's a chance...

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

you never know about Nv. I put in for an area last year and didn't draw.... even though there were left over tags when it was all said and done. I didn't bother with putting in for the second draw for those leftovers.

Because the NR quota must of filled in the first round but the resident quota did not creating a second draw that is open to non res and res equally.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom