2 sets 2 coyotes

coyote

Our first set of the day I just turned the spitfire on and had a coyote start barking at us. this went on for awhile then my buddy tried to stalk it because it just kept barking. This yote was behind us. I kept an eye out for anyother coyotes that might slip in from the other way after 30 minutes his stalk faild I took one last look out in the field and there was a coyote way on the other side of the field. He wouldn't come in any closer and he started to go the other way. So I barked and figured now or never so I held the 22-250 5 inches over his back and let her rip. the Yote droped then started crawling off. we later ranged it at 450 yds. He died in a cave that wasn't safe for us to go in so sorry no pic. The next set we were walking down a ridge when we heard some coyotes start howling. we spoted them 2 adults and 2 pups. so we got set up the best we could we were in thick oakbrush not ideal at all but the yotes were all ready close so we had to make the best of it after just 4 minutes on the rabbit in distress a big yote came running in at 65 yds I used the benilli in all that thick oak brush he fliped on his back then got up and made it back in the oakbrush but he never came out the other side where my buddy was sitting and the other coyotes did he took a running shot with the rifle he was wishing for a shotgun right then but didn't hit his. The oakbrush was so thick and it was getting hot so I didn't go in after that coyote, If the pelts were prime I would have done it. So 2 dead yotes but no pic.

coyote.....Great story, remember your camera! love the kill pics!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom