200 lb. Tom

FullCryHounds

We finally got some snow the past few weeks and my dogs have been smoking these cats. 4 cats caught in 9 days. Yesterday they caught a Tom that would have been close to 200 lbs. live. We cut his track about 30 yards past the spot where we turned out on a female a week earlier. The dogs worked the track up a draw only to make a U turn and head right back down. The cat had backtracked and by some miracle, the dogs figured it out. He then ran accross a hwy. and up a ridge about a mile and a half away. We were able to watch them track him up this ridge right into a herd of 30-40 elk. The elk skattered right in front of my two dogs but they stayed on the track and had him treed about 1/2 mile farther up the canyon. You can see a picture of him by going to my photos page, hunting section, and scrolling down to the bottom. http://community.webshots.com/user/wildlifeservices

FullCry,

Great pics and great story. Those are some great dogs you got there!

Greatfully yours, RiverPig

super Pics Full Cry! We NEVER get those cool photo opps up here in Washington and N. Idaho! Thick brush and trees is all we got!

hey whats up man i just got 2 hounds, they are blue tick and blood mixed what would be the best way to get them trained i have scent and they love to chase it and stuff but they arent sniffing that much how can i get them to be good lion dogs training them myself >>>>> thanx Justin

Go hunt them. There is NO better way to train a dog then to hunt it. If thats not an option because of no season or whatever, you can lay drags or whatever, but hunting makes a dog, not training.

hey man i know that hunting them s the best way but how do i keep them on the trail and stuff they are pups 7 weeks old and are just starting to get used to the lion scent i bought how can i keep thier concentration on hunting, should i find sombody with lion dogs and let mine run with them .......Justin

LOL...if they are 7 weeks old, I don't think I'd woryy to much about em huntin yet. Give em a few more months. Good luck

yeah, what Catman says.

I've seen the miracle pups that were actually given pretty good hell at 5 months, but for the most part you aren't going to get real good results till about a year. Just let them pups be pups for a while. Walk with them in the woods, get a little obedience in them. If they are 7 weeks old now, they will be PRIME and ready come next winter. You'll have a fun winter chasing cats, deer, elk and whatever else leaves a trail, but if you hunt them I bet they turn out alright for ya.

Good LUck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom