2003 Fannan Sheep

kilowatt

Here is the picture that High5 sent to me for posting of his Fannan sheep. Congrats to you Claude on a real beauty. Give us a story about the hunt etc.
fa600e05.jpg

The black hairs make it a Fannin sheep. They are a mix of a Dall and a Stone. They have a limited range in the Yukon and I have heard of a few coming out of Alaska on the Yukon border. I hunted with Peter Jensen in the Yukon, North of Dawson City.
2nd & 3rd week of Sept.

High5,

CONGRATULATIONS! Man, that's a terrific ram. That grey coat is fantastic. My hat is off to you. I spent two weeks with Pete Jensen's outfit in 2002 and came home empty handed. I was after a Fannin also. I'm going back in mid-August of 2004 to give it another try. Again, congratulations. I've got a pretty good idea of how hard you worked for that ram.

All The Best,
Brenton

Claude is a little modest so for those of you who don't know him. He already has his Slam + a great goat, thus the name High 5. I believe with this Fannin he has all five species of sheep and the goat. Congrats Claude (High 6) cb

Congratulations on your Fannin High 5. I put in for a fannin draw this spring but alas was not lucky enough. Another year perhaps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom