2007 HAM Javelina

A

azcouesandelk

I left on October 11th for my Fall HAM hunt. We went to one of my favorite perches and glassed for about an hour turning up 4 does and a spike when my dad called me over to where he was glassing and said he had a herd of pigs. The pigs were about 300 yards below us and he wanted me to go after him even though he had a tag in his pocket also. I worked my way down one of the catclaw filled fingers and got to the bottom. When I was halfway down I watched at 10 pigs from the heard fed up over the next ridge. I got to the bottom and saw 3 pigs still milling around on the hillside. I then worked my way through the rock filled bottom as quietly as possible and saw the pigs looking in my direction. At this point the pigs are at 48 yards and it is wide open between me and them so I decide I would take the shot. I draw back and let the arrow fly. When I released I felt myself lift the bottom of the bow and the arrow hit the pig in the neck. It took 2 steps and stopped which gave me an opprotunity to knock another arrow and draw back. This time I settled in well and released and watched the arrow go right into the pig where I was aiming. I gave it about 15 minutes since I heard it crash and knew I had hit it well. I walked along following the great blood trail and saw the pig no more than 50 yards from where I had hit it. I was shooting the 2 blade Rage broadheads and those things leave a devastating hole. My second shot had cut a good portion of the liver and sliced the lungs well also. When my dad got down he said we were even since on my first pig hunt I found a ringtail and he shot at it and this was my return for that. He also said he did not want to shoot a pig since he forgot how bad they actually stunk. We did glass up another herd of pigs that afternoon but got sidetracked watching a nice buck.

101_0001edited.jpg

I drew a HAM tag for unit 28 coming up in FEb (08), it will be my first time hunting these critters!
Nice job with the bow.
Jeff

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom