2008 deer hunt

M

masherbull

hey fellas, me and a buddy of mine are planning on a 3rd season rifle deer hunt in colorado in 2008. seeing if i could get some advice on what unit would be a good hunt. i've looked into gmu 11/211 and heard mixed reviews. any advice would be great. i can trade info on archery elk and deer hunts in north idaho if that helps. thanx

no points, we are both general season elk and deer hunters from idaho that hunt hard and very far from the roads. i hunted colorado gmu 39/46 two years ago and took a nice 170 type buck. i would go back but there was a ton of private property to battle with. we are looking at hunting somewhere on the western slope.

I hunted unit 11 last Oct during the second season. Got snow the night of opening day. If you dont mind hunting with 5000 people walking and driving all around you then this unit is great. I will not hunt that unit anymore. That was my first and last time.
The second day it snowed all day and you couldnt see anything. By the third day all of the deer were standing on the private property side of the fences. There is a lot of private property up that way.
I like to get out of the truck and hunt. Most of the people up there were road hunters. They would see that I was obviously hunting a canyon, stop to watch me glass deer on the hillside until the deer ran away because of their truck.
Out of the three of us, my dad shot an average 3x3 and my uncle shot a forked horn.
Good luck with Colorado.

The NW part of Colorado hold alot of deer ,and it also is very heavily hunted,especially the units that you can draw without any points . The Area I hunt takes 2 points ,but that does'nt mean you should not try.I have seen nice bucks in areas 211 and 231. These areas you can draw without points. You can send me a PM if you need some spots to look at.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom