2008 hoyts?

This is my shot in the dark on what Hoyt will come up with in 2008. They came up with so much last year I think we'll see mainly improvements to current models.

1) new speed bow faster than Vulcan ( vulcan will still be there it's a winner) by 15-30 ft per sec new cam
2) New Ultratec at 37-38" last years didn't do it for me and I know quite a few others that felt the same way. This is where my loyalty lies with Hoyt!
3)Improvements to vectrix less weight and more refined.
4)New high end target model to add to Elites.

Look for better vibration dampning and smoother shot than last year in most models which will also result in quieter shot.
If I owned Hoyt that's where I'd be making the changes to one of the best product lineups in the archery world.

New Hoyt's are being shipped right now and should be at dealers later that took advantage of offer. They have some great new stuff and deserve a look for those in the market! The website will be up on the 22nd to see them!

Yeah, the archery shop here says that they should have the new bows here around the first of the month. I have heard that they are suppost to have some really sweet stuff.

Where can we get pics? I need a new one this year and would love to see them.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-17-07 AT 05:01PM (MST)[p]Mortgage man the website will be up and running on the 22nd showing all the new bows. They were just having their meetings with their sales guys and the information hasn't been formally released to the field so it's pretty sketchy. Call your local Hoyt dealer and see if he has them coming in. I haven't shot them yet but I have a friend that has shot a couple and says they're pretty sweet! There's some neat new stuff out there this year to give a guy a lot to choose from.

I saw the first one today. It is soooo sick!! New strings and faster than the Vulcan...

>I saw the first one today.
> It is soooo sick!!
> New strings and faster
>than the Vulcan...

I bought one last night - a 2008 Katera. It's much like the vulcan, but a little lighter and a little smoother, as well as a little faster. They took a great bow and made it better. Get down to Utah Archery Center and have Gerald set you up with a new one. You won't be disappointed. I have mine shooting at 317 fps and thats about 30 fps faster than I've ever gotten out of a bow for me before.

>I've heard theres not a significant
>difference between the Vulcan and
>the Katera. Anyone confirm?
>

I was in again yesterday looking at the Katera as Gerald was modifying my Vulcan. As I was looking at it and speaking with him, this bow is virtually identical to the Vulcan with a few upgrades. As was said before, it is slightly faster, and slightly smoother. I drew it back a few times and could tell a little bit of a difference but nothing dramatic. All and all though, the upgrades would not merit an $800 purchase, I think I will keep the Vulcan for another year.

Any Katera owners?? How do you like that bow? I am in the market for a new one and I really like it. I just gotta sell my Ultratec now.....

Come lets hear it about the Katera. I need something new and they dont have any in Tucson yet.

I work in an archery shop and have had a Katera now for
about 2 or 3 weeks. Biggest change I can see in it is Hoyt
changed their limb saver. Took about 2 or 3 oz. off the bow.
I dont think it's much better than the Vulcan, and shot through
the chrono no more than 5 fps faster. I personally thought hoyt
would do more.

Huntn6inchers: I understand that the new Hoyts are actually designed to kill deer and elk. As such, I don't think they would really work out for you.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-07 AT 10:52PM (MST)[p]I have a Katera XL 60-70lbs that I won and have only put 5 arrows through. I will let go for $700 delivered is someone in interested. I have a Vulcan that is only 5 months old that I love or I would switch.

I would also consider a Hoyt target bow, depending on what it is, as a trade.

If interested contact me.

Paul

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom