2008 Muzz Buck

• Thread starter muleyhunter1025
  • Start date
M

muleyhunter1025

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-09 AT 03:11PM (MST)[p]Well I am new to taxidermy doing it less than a year, but I thought I would post a picture of my 2008 muzzle loader buck that I just finished, other than painting. Tell me what you think both good and bad. I would like to know your thoughts, as well as areas to focus on.

4a7b0b1e2368d3db.jpg

4a7b0b78255cca79.jpg

4a7b45af365f84ec.jpg

4a7b45de37dcc2b0.jpg

Here is one on the hill.

4a7b467f3bcee368.jpg

I wouldnt mess with his doe's that roid freak looks pist!! what form did you use? Your work looks nice and clean though.

The nose pad,ear buds,your creases in the form all stand out. I'm not able to look at the eyes do to your side view if you had a frontal view It would be able to give you my opinion on your eyes. If you go to Taxidermy Net go to there forum and look up Tutorials that will give you the info to improve on your work. One thing I will say on your creases if you back blow the hair it will soften those lines. If the capes is border line (hair slippage) don't do it. I hope this will help you.

quest

UTMuleyHunter PM'ed you back.

As for the roids hey when you have a 23 inch neck in September you have got something going for you other than a big rack:) The other issue is that short hair. It is hard to know how much to modify the form to show those details but not go overboard, but until it dries you never know what it will look like.(or at least that is how i feel at my current experience at around 10 animals). I will post a front view when I get a chance as well so you can see him from the front.

Thanks for your comments so far

Good job!!! Lots of talent and potential there. Very clean mount. Some things may be over-done, but those are things you'll figure out as you go.

I think its great work! Little to much crease on the neck but love the detail on the body! Keep up the good work. You got any other mounts you want to post?

CS, Yes that is the deer we talked about. You found any monsters to go after?

NewMexicoRob here are a few others that I have done since i started.

4a7c4245679c0c96.jpg

4a7c429769af93f0.jpg

4a7c437a6ebe2d4f.jpg

Here is one that still has some of the nails in it so not finished but pretty close.

4a7c43b870617ec4.jpg

One thing I noticed on all your mounts. The front third of the eye should be the highest part. It looks to me like the middle of your eyes are the highest. Check out some good reference and you will see what I mean. Other than that you are off to a great start!!

At first glance i was completely disgusted at the detail of the "neck wrinkles," but i have to say, maybe this is a new kind of taxidermy, i kind of like it. The "roided buck look," is pretty cool. totally not gay in my book.

That buck could beat up my buck.

I think it looks bad ass. He'd be feeding in creatine fields. Nice work and best of luck to you.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

I am with some of the other guys, the creases in the neck are a bit much. However, in my opinion, it looks pretty good aside from the creases in the neck. Much better than some of the self proclaimed pros around here. I think you did a good job for the first one!

Thanks for all of the comments here is one last picture of the buck after I have painted it and brushed it out. As you can see the neck looks much better. Now it is off to do some hunting.

4a8331ca3cbe349c.jpg

Boy that looks great. You can mount my buck anytime. Wait, I have to be able to shoot one worth mounting first dont I. Less then a year and your mounts look like this already. Keep it up you got something going here.

Jeff

Dang...that's a great mount...you can practically see the balls hanging off of him...glad you can add some style to what has been typically plain mounts...way to give it some personality!

As others have said, overkill on the wrinkles (first pic). However, I am biased and do not like creases and wrinkles. It seems to be what many people want in recent years.

Having said this, your work is absolutely great. Its amazing that you are just starting.

The fix on that buck looks a lot better. The antelope and the other buck you did are excellent!!!!

He definately has "creases" in his neck on the hill after you shot him.....looks natural to me. I like it!

I agree...that is one big ole pig of a deer...I wish I could shoot one let alone see one...stupid forkin' horns!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom