2009 Season

liecabucks

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-19-09 AT 10:12AM (MST)[p]I was a little curious to see what was harvested last year by some of the more popular guides that hunt region G and H so I got on to some of their websites. I wasn't surprised to see the quality of animals had decreased vs. 05, 06, and 07. What do you guys think the 09 season will hold? I suspect for the most part it will be slim pickins again with a lot of effort needed to be put in to locate a shooter buck this year. Comments, Feedback, Agree.....Disagree?

I agree that those areas on a long-term downhill slide. There will be great bucks taken every year, but in general, it is going downhill. The information from the last 20 years points that out; from G&F harvest data to hunter observation. But it's still great country and a fun place to go.

I would definately agree about it being a fun hunt and you can't beat the country for its scenery! I have hunted it 3 times and look forward to hunting it every time i can draw. I've personally seen some great animals as well as taken a great 194 buck in 07 but you definately earn them!

In my opinion there's to many tags issued for both residents & non. I would like to see them reduced by 25% for the next couple of years to help the herd rebound.

7 Mag

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom