2011 Hunt Challenge

Maybe we should wait till Season Opens?:D

Or at least till we find out who drawed what?

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

O come on now scouting has already started for some, shed hunting in general areas, picking up sheds from animals we watched last year. New gear, introductions, campin trips. Come on now it would be nice to get it going. And some of us drew spring bear tags, not me unfortuanetly (I know I messed that word up).

Who all thinks we should do it again?? I have mixed thoughts on it. How many would participate even in the prize packages were small?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

im all for it i really enjoyed reading everyones posts. i might join in and do it this year since ill be hunting wyoming this year. nothing special but it should be enjoyable.

my vote is yes do it

"Shoot Straight"

I think people would do it even if there were no prizes at all. I didn't go into it last year looking to win anything...just thought it was a good way to show some of the deer I had seen or got pics of, as well as share the ups and downs of the hunt. I think it was a huge success having the H.A.C. last year...and think it would be a huge success if it was only a H.A. this year without the C...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-11 AT 00:08AM (MST)[p]Founder I think you had a bunch of good turn outs. I vote for a +1 in 2011. You being the Founder and principal of the site what would you like to see or not see in the Hunt Adventure column?? You can make the rules. Dont worry about me participating, I have way too many honey holes that I dont need out of the basket....and I dont even live in Utah!! LOL

>Maybe we should wait till Season
>Opens?:D
>
>Or at least till we find
>out who drawed what?
>
>I don't care if they're big
>or small!
>If they throw lead I like
>em all!
>
>:p

The season has started for some. Remember some of the late cow elk hunts ran until the end of January. I know you luv em!!

It is a great idea, for me though some of them get just too long and sidetracked away from the actual hunt they are scouting/planning for.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

"You being the Founder and principal of the site what would you like to see or not see in the Hunt Adventure column??"

I believe the concerns are less with the content submitted than the pettiness that ensued over who won...... Terry

Absolutely! I'd be in this year.

I'm not certain the prizes were the motiviation for participation last year. Grand prize was a hunt with YOU for hell's sake! Seriously, who would want that?!? I'm totally kid'n, that would be a great time. But really I dont think prizes/awards are the biggest driving factor.

I'll tell you, from a viewers standpoint, that was some good and fresh stuff last year. HAC was the first place I'd go everyday.

My absolute favorite to follow was yours. I think people have a pretty good idea what worked and didn't for everyone's. That familiarity would improve everyone for year two.

I wouldn't give the whiners a second thought.

Let's do it!

If you run it again, I would suggest some size limitations. Some posts seemd to think that quantity over quality was the goal. I don't want to read page after page of drivel - get to the point! Encourage folks to post relevant pictures, etc., but be concise.

Bill

I really enjoyed reading al l the hunts last year. I was gonna give it a try this year. I don't know that you will ever make everybody happy. But it sounds like everybody really enjoyed reading and hearing about other people stories.

Im in this year for sure. Got some great hunts planned out this year so i have been looking forward to this. Even though i had to give my bear hunt in montana up this year cuz i decided to jump on the wagon and get married but it will still be fun.
LETS DO IT

married? when? congrats J. You playing ball this year?
O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-11 AT 08:52AM (MST)[p]>married? when? congrats J. You
>playing ball this year?
>O--one
>B--big
>A--ass
>M--mistake
>A--america
>
>
>Ha Ha ya i know tell me about it. Ya june 24th is the date.
Ya im planning on playing ball with the usual team on mondays out at weber county. My brother will have his wet team in the all mens advanced in clearfield. Then i been playin a little with carlo's produce. YOU?

>
>
>
>

I plan on participating this year. It will be my first time out by myself scouting and stuff, since I'm only 15. And it would be nice if I could see other people's strategies for scouting and such.

I plan on participating this year if it is a go. I am new to the forums on this site and liked reading them from last year and would like to share my hunt with all the other hunting junkees on here!

I would be in again. The contest kept me much more up to date on posting my hunts than I would of otherwise.

If the prizes were a distraction, I would vote for some type of small random prizes more along the lines of participation than judging based on quality.

If someone keeps up with their thread then they get entered in for a drawing that week. If they don't keep it updated then they don't get entered for a drawing that week.

There are for sure different ideas on what people like the most in the contest, I like seeing the planning, deciding on gear, etc. that goes into a hunt. If we have a 2011 hunt challenge this year I was planning on describing the application process and deciding on which states I was applying, etc.

Sounds like that would bore some people to tears though.

To me that was the difference between the hunt challenge and just posting the narrative on a specific hunt in the appropriate forum when you score on an animal.

Oh well, a very long winded way to say "a 2011 Hunt Challenge sounds great."

2011 Hunt Adventures

I simply enjoyed sharing my story and photos. And then looking at everyone else's threads. The HAC last season had good purpose, but by the end of the contest it wasn't anything like it should have been.

I have mixed feelings about the contest, but I think it is overall a good thing. Even if we don't have this sort of forum for our adventures, I will post it elsewhere on here.

Get rid of the prizes and the contest. Keep it simple as a way for everyone to share their own personal adventure.

Hunting is not a contest.

I think it is a good thing, but I enjoy seeing others post positive constructive comments as well. It was frustrating knowing 500 people had looked at my thread at one point and I had no idea whether they had anything to say about it.......

maybe allow others to post in it if it is debate free, and constructive. If the post is not delete it without explanation and if people whine then screw them.

It would give an area specifically for threads pertaining to the hunt for that year, unlike all the general threads in the regular forums.

I could care less about the prizes.

I participated last year and would love to chime in again in 2011. Last year, my main focus was to chronicle the whole season - something I have never done. In that, I was very successful though I didn't win any of the contest prizes. I see now that a lot of people didn't care for the side bars and other stuff I wrote not specific to a single hunt or even just me - I included other family members adventures as well. But those things were part of my life at the time and were in fact what I was doing it for.

I totally agree with a previous post that suggests the prizes be given thru a random draw from those who are particpating. If you want to reward frequent posts, you could give extra chances in the draw - kind of like bonus points :)

Lastly, if you do decide to have a 2011 HAC and give non-random prizes, please be a little more clear upfront on what the judging criteria will be.

I also loved reading the HAC forum. If I didn't care to read everything a poster wrote about his maps or gear or whatever I just skipped through until I got to the meat of the hunt and the pictures. I enjoyed everyone?s hunt adventure. I also believe most folks would post a HAC without any prizes. I had my hunt in January 2011 but started the scouting and set up back in early October of 2010. I knew I wouldn't be able to be in the HAC due to the timing but it didn't matter to me. I still posted my hunt in the general forum when I finished it. It was really fun to do and the other HAC are what inspired me to do so. I learned a lot and I learned I should take more pictures when the chance to do so is made available.

Founder, IMO If you are going to have a contest for the best HAC like last year maybe leave it up to all your readers/posters for the vote and take the pressure off yourself. Post the rules we all need to stay in line with as the HAC contestant. I will still write up and share a story regardless of a prize. It was so much fun to do and I was able to have my friends and family from all over see it too.

GBA

For me the adventure challenge was more about seeing how many people viewed my link than winning anything. It is fun to share your preparation, hunt, family and trophy.

I do however think it should me limited to like 30 post over the year. The people with more than that take forever to load (depending on the number of photos).

I've been thinking about it and if we do the HAC again I would break out my post into several for this reason.

Founder suggested that we do it that way last year, but everyone ended up keeping them all together in one big post.

I would at least break it up into a planning post then go to another post for the actual hunts.

I really enjoyed following the posts last year and would love to see it again this year.

I think the prizes were a great idea and resulted in some great posts. A "grand prize" encourages people to share high qaulity content. Effort should be rewarded.

I thought the winners were chosen well.....

6943left_as_it_lays.jpg

There is no kill shot here, but a great story behind it.

To me the HAC wasn't about the contest, but more the story of the Hunters Adventure

I would call this forum;
MM's Adventures (or)
MM Hunter's Adventures

It can be what ever a hunter wants to post.

Killshots only, maps, dirty socks, kids, last season photos, etc. If someone doesnt want to read it... they can chose not to.

The best part of this forum is that it allows all the post to be seen in one location. You literally can follow one hunters season. I enjoy that.

my 2cents worth

Midnight

Hey Midnight, care to add just a little more to your snow picture? You got me interested already! And your right, It is more about the hunters adventure that makes the stories so great.

GBA

Founder I think you should do it again--prizes or not. there was some great stories and some new friends made--do not let my/our experience ruin it for others! there is always one bad nut in the bag!!!!

BearCat

Thank you Founder. I will be in as well, it isnt about a prize. Dont much care for one. It will motivate me to hunt the hill near my house that has deer, but so very few that ive never taken it seriously.

Good deal. Ya, I hope lots of people participate. I haven't even been out shed hunting or anything yet this year. Hoping to get out sometime soon.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom